Wednesday, July 27, 2022

June's Camping Party

Most people called us "brave" but really what they meant was "insane" for taking 6 tweens camping over night. I don't know, at the time I thought, "Oh that sounds like a fun idea for a birthday at her age and June loves camping!" But yes, it was a lot of work haha. But it was worth it. 

We went to a campsite in Springville Utah area.

 
I was really proud of the party favors- a draw string backpack, bug spray, water bottle, bandana and flash light. Different colors for each girl. June had the white and pink set.

"We're going exploring!"

 
Hot dogs, watermelon and chips for dinner.
 
Then lots of playing games and hanging out. 


 
We made cherry cobbler for her "cake" and put candles in that and sang her happy birthday.

And of course we had the best s'mores set up. ;)

 
And Glow sticks, a must. 
(and some campfire Mad Libs)

 

 

It was the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time haha but I didn't really expect anything else when camping with a bunch of girls. Buck and I had our own tent, thankfully, and really it wasn't the girls that kept us up but more our paranoid dog, helicopters, someone snoring SO LOUD in the campsite next to us, and Buck fidgeting, tossing and turning on the air mattress. Ah, memories.

 
We ate pancakes, bacon, and fruit for breakfast, cleaned up camp, and went home to take naps.


June said "she had fun!" but I hope that as she gets older she looks back and remembers what awesome parents we are for doing this. haha 😉


No comments: