I haven't wanted to make this post, as I keep hoping that something will change and we'll be proven wrong, but sadly, it seems, my cat Miso is gone. :(
We got Miso from the shelter back when Buck and I were engaged. So he's been with us our whole marriage. He loved being an outdoor cat and catching mice at our old house but he's always come back home to sleep beside me every night. In our new house we have to keep the cats inside at all times because there are a lot of predators here by the lake such as: owls, coyotes, foxes, raccoons. I honestly think the owls are the biggest issue! A couple weeks ago a door got left open in the evening and he must have slipped out.
I knew something was up when he wasn't by me in the bed but I thought he'd show up eventually. But when I woke up that next morning and he was still gone I knew something bad had happened. We checked our outside camera and saw that he had been out there wandering around in the night. And that's the last we ever saw of him. I checked the shelter, posted photos of him, walked and drove around, searched and called for him.
And I just get really sad when I go to bed at night and he's not there anymore.
So here's a post, a memorial for my grumpy Miso cat. We named him Miso because we used to go get sushi all of the time and I always got a miso soup. haha He was a CRAZY kitten, getting into mischief all the time. (as you'll see in some of these photos.) He wasn't super into most people but he was always loyal to me and loved to snuggle and would follow me everywhere, always. You can see him following me around my house in this post too. And, I don't know, it's just a sad thing, you know?
Here are some photos from through the years!
Miso, you dummy. Why did you have to go and sneak out?! We were all doing just fine in life with the way things were! I wasn't ready for you to just- POOF- be gone like that! You were my shadow, my rug, my lion, my butt head. You made me so mad when you killed birds. You loved to eat tuna fish and canned green beans- (so weird.) You were about a 2 stroke cat and then you had enough. You demanded your space on the bed. You were so well behaved at the groomers, even when they shaved you! You loved your neck and ears scratched. Luna has been so sad since you left. I will miss you! If you decide to pull a "homeward bound" and come back after some epic adventure, we'll be here waiting, my pillow off to the side so that there's room for you still.
💔







































3 comments:
Wow, this is so sad. I know how much you love your cats. and grumpy old Miso is a good cat! This is a lovely tribute and the shaved picture made me chuckle again. Also, I couldn't believe how young Buck looked in the picture when you first go Miso!
Sorry it had to end this way. Miso held a link to your past that nothing else will. Wish you could have had a happier ending. He was a pretty cat.
Such a beautiful cat! I'm so sorry!
Post a Comment