Monday, July 29, 2019

The Most Expensive Date


We finally went on a date! And ... nothing went according to plan. haha We had planned to go hiking the whole time but then.... we got a flat tire. God is kind and allowed that happen a block away from a tire shop so we rolled slowly into the tire shop and ended up getting all the tires replaced. Our simple hiking date quickly turned into the most expensive date we've ever been on...

Instead of sitting in the tire shop, soaking in the smell of rubber, we were fortunate enough to have the cute town of American Fork to explore and wander. This was funny to us since we lived there for seven years so it's not like a new and exciting place but thankfully it's an interesting little main street. 


It turned out to be quite the fun little outing; In the end we just enjoy being together. We were able to explore an abandoned building, see some art, eat interesting food, buy some used books, and I got a new dress. 

And then the babysitter was able to stay a little bit longer so we drove up the mountains after (all on some nice new tires.) We didn't have much time and the traffic in the canyon was pretty bad, but we did manage to go on a beautiful little 15 minute hike and nobody else was there but us. ;)

2 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

We've had some wonderful dates that resulted from setbacks. Looks like you had a blast and I love your unique photos from American Fork, A couple of them reminded me of Armenia and I had to remind myself that you were in Utah. And that hiking spot looks magical!

Lillybet said...

Well the unexpected can sometimes lead to some wonderful results. I had to laugh at that half naked manikin. Were they too busy to dress it correctly ha ha? And where was that beautiful little lake. What’s the name of it and why do I not remember that up American Fork Canyon? I so wish we had hikes and lakes that close to our house. We might have a few hikes around here but they’re all in sagebrush so if you want to get in to beautiful trees like that we have to go a lot further.