Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Mountains!

I fear you may not see these kinds of posts as much this summer, as our canyon is a much further drive now. But at least here is one for now. 

We took some friends. The girls found some ants and caterpillars. They made quite the rock pile. We explored a little bit. Ate some lunch on a blanket. The water is high and fast right now so I made Rose wear a leash but she was totally okay with it and it gave me some peace.  Johnny was a rock eating machine and it was a full time job keeping those away from his mouth. 

It had been a stressful, discouraging, frustrating week. Going to the mountains seemed like something I shouldn't have time for amid it all but I think, for that reason, it was the most important thing to do.




1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

That does seem like the perfect thing to do. I feel like summer break is almost half over and I still haven't made it to some of our favorite spots! ahhh! Anyway...this is my last comment for the night but I will get back to catching up on your blog soon...