On our second day we woke up to our beautiful camp site! We also met up with my dear friend Dayna and her husband, Logan, and son, Eli. We got to spend the rest of the week camping and adventuring all together and had the best time! The campsite was pure magic (aside from the constant fear of bears and moose ha.)
That morning we explored a bit and ate food and hung out.
And then we all drove to Jackson Hole Wyoming!
(note- our campsite was in Wyoming but we had to drive into Idaho to get out of it and back into Wyoming again to go to Jackson.)
Jackson Hole was a place my Grandpa Dabel used to live in his later years. He painted most of the buildings back then and loved that town so it always feels special to visit it!
We explored around the western town and went into some shops and got some food.
I'll be forever haunted by this.... I really wanted old west photos together but we didn't get there in time. Also I do wish we got to Jackson sooner and could have done more things there! Like the gondola, alpine slide, and the play house! Guess we better go back some day soon!
But! We did get to do something that I was super excited about- a chuck wagon dinner!
We got to ride in covered wagons for a couple miles up into the mountains and then had a country dinner with a fiddle music/show and it was fun! And then we rode the wagons back down. The kids seemed to love it (even if not the food) and it was a unique way to feel like we were in the wild west.
On our drive back to camp you better believe that I made Buck pull over on the side of the highway so I could take these photos! haha I was going wild with all the flowers! And that golden sun!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment