For June's birthday this year I tried my best to channel her tween spirit and pick a more "cool and mature" theme for decorations. Does a disco ball fall under that? haha Well, she loved the decorations so it was a win!
Opening presents. For some reason it's become a tradition to do this on the kitchen counter? haha
Finding out she got.... a phone.... (a safe kid, mega parental control kind of phone....)
She got this from her grandparents. (And it destroyed my floors....)
Traditional coffee cake
Disco balls started to show off!
Her church leaders surprised her and decorated the door!
Since we aren't doing parties this year, I said we could do some fun experiences or activities together and maybe with a friend. Well with June that meant three friends but I took them to get their nails done!
And then after that I took June on a sister date and they got to go to this cute place where you can do these strawberry chocolate dipping work shop thing. I mean, I feel like I could do this at home easily but the girls thought this was the coolest thing ever and June even said it was her best birthday ever?!
They got to dip the berries and dress them up with all sorts of fun sugary things. They also got to decorate boxes to take them home in.
Lastly we had some dinner at home with Buck's family and then cake!
June didn't want actual cake but told me she just wanted ice cream so I surprised her and made the ice cream into a cake shape. I was proud of how it turned out! I "frosted" it with cool whip too.
This was before I covered it in cool whip- I did her favorite flavors of vanilla, strawberry, mint chocolate chip, and chocolate.
So yes- it was a great day for June Bug and it was fun to celebrate her and make her feel special!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment