Wednesday, June 29, 2022

California- Whales and Tide Pools

 Our first main day of our trip to San Diego we went on a whale watching tour boat. We were able to see three kinds of dolphins and then we got to see a blue whale- The largest mammal of all! So cool. The kids also enjoyed playing "pirates" on the boat during the down time. I didn't get any good photos of the whale or much of the dolphins.... oops.

 
After that we had lunch and then drove somewhere and during that Rose and Johnny fell asleep so we let them nap for a while in the car. But that meant the missed the small tide pools we went to and now I feel bad and wish I woke them up. Oh well, guess we better plan another trip ASAP. 

Lots of crabs and sea anemones!
Then Rose and Johnny woke up and we toured an old light house. I wanted to sell everything and go live there.
 
Then we made our way back to the hotel where we had pizza and went swimming.
This is the view from our room! We had a porch and gate right out to the grass.
 
Pretending to be asleep haha
It was a good day!

No comments: