Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmasy Things

This is kind of a hodge podge post of the other Christmas things we've done, so that if I'm ever feeling like a bad mom I can come look back and see that at least I'm TRYING. 

So. Ahem. We picked out a tree so that's cool, right?
(I did not photograph this event like other years. )

And THEN we decorated that little tree! (we are VERY original about our traditions...)

We went and saw the play "A Christmas Carol" and got a picture with this scary guy:

We decorated a gingerbread house. (Long live pre-made kits!)

Then it took us three days to make real ginger bread men. But all's well that ends well, right?
Other years I've taken better photos of this as well but times are a changing. And no, I cannot explain their outfit choices.

 We've also attempted to do the giving manger again this year, where you get to put in a piece of straw for every nice thing you do and Christmas Eve we add baby Jesus to his now softer bed. But I'll be honest, we've been a hot mess and haven't kept up on it as well as I would like but it's the thought that counts, yeah?

AND. We did make some gifts for neighbors and friends! I didn't make the candles this year, but we did buy some and then I made Buck cut candle holders from a dead branch off our big favorite tree, we oil treated each mini stump, and then drilled a hole for the candle. I am happy with how they turned out and their simplicity. But because I'm extra sentimental about leaving our big tree when we move in a few months, I'm feeling like I can't just pass these out to any random person. haha

And there were these events: 

And we listened to lots of Christmas music and wrapped presents and read Christmas books a lot. So, yay! Christmas!
And now onto the big event- Christmas eve and day!

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Standing Rosie!! And you are a great mom! We made your gingerbread cookies this year and I'm also taking fewer and fewer photos these days.