Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Christmas Extravaganza

At least I think that's what it was called. I found some deal on KSL for this event the other month so I figured, "why not?" I wasn't sure how it would be really but decided to try it. 

The drive to Heber was nice and calm with all girls sleeping. We got there as they opened so it wasn't crowded. But it was a random thing. It was in some old church. There was fake snow (bubbles), cloth snow man decorating, a two minute train ride through some inflatable frosty the snow men, a stage where some teenager elves came out to sing sometimes, a place to write and mail letters to Santa, a baby slide painted white, a "toy workshop," a fake snow ball toss game, a bouncy thing, some elf window displays, and a sleigh ride at the end to meet Santa. 

The sleigh ride was funny. It was in a room with a make shift sled and a projector that showed snowy scenes on the wall while the sled moved up and down- like a really really cheap Star Tours ride. (star wars ride at Disneyland.) 

Honestly it wasn't AS impressive as the ad made it to sound, BUT they did technically have everything there they described. But I feel like the people in charge genuinely wanted to make a cool thing and worked their hearts out with creativity, fun ideas, and being as resourceful as they could be. There was a lot of attention to details and I got the sense that they were not trying to just cheat people for money- they really did try. So I am glad we supported them, whoever they are. But not sure I would go back year after year... haha But I guess the girls did have a fun time so that's what matters?
Train ride
"Snow"
Snow ball toss game

1 comment:

Max and Rebecca said...

Fun experience...Even if it wasn't super amazing (although it looks pretty great) Your girls will have awesome memories!