I don't know what came over me last week. But I suppose it's a January thing. A thing that wedges its way into my heart and whispers, "it's time to change." And while everyone else decides to hit the gym and cut sugar from their diets, I decided to dye my hair.
I've been wanting to try it since the summer, but subtle highlights didn't work and the hair chalk was unsatisfying. I really wanted a pastel rose color but it was always sold out. So I said "To heck with it!" and I bought the "bubble gum pink." And then I made Tanya come help me.
The dye itself was.... NEON pink. It said to leave it as long as I wanted to get more dramatic results. But once I saw it in my hair, I'll admit, I panicked.
But after a nice wash and blow dry it was indeed a bubble gum pink, as promised. I don't often take selfies, but this called for a few,
The next day I went out into public, I got some looks and compliments, but otherwise, I kept forgetting about it. Kind of weird, you know? You dye your hair for yourself but then you see it the least out of everyone!
I liked how it looked at the aquarium. I think I'd make a fine pink haired mermaid.
But never you worry my dear friends (and mom, who was a little dismayed) it is temporary and washes out in 8 washes. Just after a few already and it's to the color I would have really wanted. A nice dull rose.
Hazel was completely UN-phased by it all. June loved it and kept telling me how pretty it was, but surprisingly, she never asked to have it done to her hair. HA And as I write this, I still have pink hair. But it wont last long. I'm glad I tried it. Life's too short, you know?
And you thought I was done with my impulsive behaviors, but I'm not. This same week, seriously out of nowhere, I decided to put our lizard, Whiskey, up for sale online. I don't even know! I didn't think anyone would buy him since Christmas just happened but a few days later he was gone! Really I did it for two reasons: 1) His tank was under the keyboard because we literally have no room for his huge tank and 2) I just didn't want to buy anymore live crickets ever again!
But I DO feel a little sad and guilty about the whole thing. I've never sold one of my pets before (because I guess my mom got stuck with them...she still has my dove at her house!) and I really did like him! But the attachment wasn't was big as to my cat and dog. I don't know, it just needed to happen I guess. June was a little sad but seemed okay about it and Hazel hasn't noticed a thing.
So long dear Whiskey! You were a good lizard and I will miss you! I hope your new family takes good care of you!
Thankfully that week has ended before anything else crazy happened. But don't be totally surprised if I dye my hair purple one of these days.... But I have a new goal to NOT buy anymore pets this year. THE END.
3 comments:
I love this! I'm still a hair dye virgin but this almost made me want to try something...almost...Also, I'm sad I never met Whiskey, but not that sad...maybe I'm more sad that my boys never met Whiskey, because they would love him!
I wondered if he would go. I could tell you had been contemplating it. And yes, you look like a beautiful mermaid, just ask Elora ;)
I used to think that when I was an adult and could do what I wanted, that I would be more impulsive...but I'm not. It seems that you are born impulsive, or you're not. I am a planner and and organizer. I guess the world needs both kinds of people, right?
I have never had a desire to dye my hair pink. But I have had a desire to dye my hair non-gray. I do that on a regular basis! ;)
Post a Comment