To get ready for the big New Years Eve party at our house, we made sure that the important things were taken care of. Like having our nails painted. And June made sure that her dad was not left out.
Then June, my sister Erin, and I went and did a little shopping. (but sadly couldn't afford what we tried on.)
We went to this new cute store called "Pin Me Up."
We went to this new cute store called "Pin Me Up."
Before we knew it, everyone was showing up at home and the party began! It was a great night for me, my sister and her little family, my parents and Buck's parents and then Jade and Curtis! It was the best of both worlds for Buck and me (except we missed Ben and Lauren.)
Hazel was not impressed. haha And don't even talk to me about combing her hair, it doesn't make a difference these days.
So we had our traditional Thai food and then we went to the frozen lake to set off some sky lanterns just like we've done for a few years now. It's such a cold tradition and I don't know why I started it in the first place, but yet, I still like it enough to keep it going I guess. ;)
Erin and Dan's burnt a hole in it and didn't fly... not a good sign for their new year....
Then we came home to my hot pink lava lamp, had chocolate fondue, got the little ones to bed, played games, and then counted down to the new year with sparkling cider, because we are just wild like that.
Hazel loved the lava lamp.
We were obviously the most attractive couple at the party.
The next morning the girls were angels and slept in. So we celebrated a fresh new year with french toast and strawberries.
Then we went to the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the BYU Art Museum and we saw President Uctdorf there!
And the exhibit was pretty great, what the girls would let us see of it that is.
But then we all wandered into the British art exhibit and the girls liked that. June made up stories about pirates for the paintings and Hazel was really excited about a large one. That made me happy. I also got to go look at a black and white photo exhibit of jazz artists and it sucked me right in. Good times. I love museums and art!
It's a good start to what I hope will be another great year! :)






























2 comments:
Of course it's going to be an amazing year!! How can it not be ;) Hazel's "not impressed" face had me laughing. Also, Erin's lantern...haha! Of course you guys are the most attractive...or at least the most tipsy!! ALso, I've heard great things about this Norman Rockwell exhibit, I even created a whole Art unit on him back in my BYU days.
That new store looks super cute! I want to go there!! President Uchtdorf is one of my favorites...that is so cool that you saw him. I would love to see a Norman Rockwell exhibit...love his paintings!!
Post a Comment