But let's start on Friday first. We had a great weekend last week. It was Jade's birthday and her fiance was in town, so Friday evening we did their engagement photos. You can view those HERE or you can just view these lovely "behind the scenes" photos.
That night I went to a karaoke night with some friends, but more on that later. It was nuts for this old grandma though because then I had another photo shoot early the next morning. (More photos to come soon.)
And then it was onto Jade's birthday festivities! We did some simple decorating:
Curtis, her fiance, got her a pig pinata and filled it with her favorite candies, Popsicles, and slips of paper with reasons he loves her written on them.
Buck made her the traditional coffee cake.
And then we went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point because apparently I go there every other day. But that's what Jade wanted so we braved the crowds.
And then we went bowling, because Jade is obsessed, even if she gets a score of 64 every time.
After that we went out to eat at Market Street Grill. But Hazel had no interest in that. So while we waited for our food I took her outside to sit on some nearby grass.
And once the food came? Buck and I took turns eating while the other one chased Hazel around.
Even after we got home and put the girls to bed, Jade and Curtis came and we played a funny board game. Felt like we were 21 years old again! Except that ... we were really tired. ;)
I don't know. I just felt like this weekend deserved its own post since we did as much in two days as we normally do in one month. It was fun! Yay for family and birthdays!








4 comments:
Such a fun weekend! And wow! The images you are taking with your new camera are great!! I feel like it captures color and light so much better than your old one did.
Oh, and what's with Buck sitting by your tent at Utah ake?
Looks like a lot of fun! But yes, exhausting too!
Looks like a lot of fun! But yes, exhausting too!
Post a Comment