Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ta-Da!

This post is over due but I wanted to document our big house project. We decided to paint our cabinets! We were able to do this for a good deal so we went for it. But man alive it was a lot of work for a small kitchen. Next time, Imma hire someone, you know? My time is money people! But okay, I guess it was a good weekend, a long one, but a good one. I got to spend time with Buck and hey, now our kitchen looks pretty. 

June had the time of her life as well. She got to paint an entire board. She's pretty great. She tells stories when she paints or draws and the strokes correlate with the action that is happening in her story. For example, she'll say, "And then the bad guy came and got the princess!" and squiggle a large blue band down the board. I regret not getting this on video now. We could have been millionaires.

Ta-da! The final story/painting.

Anyway, back to our painting, which isn't nearly as exciting, cute, or funny. 
BLAH.

Ta-da!
From honey to white.
It's a slippery slope though my friends. Now I feel like I NEED a new stainless steel microwave, for starters. . .

But until I start buying appliances and redoing the floors and on and on and on.... I'll just enjoy the fresh look of our home.

6 comments:

audrey said...

LOVE!

Anonymous said...

wow what a difference a little paint can make! kitchen looks great

Max and Rebecca said...

I'm super impressed and want to know your tips on getting this done in a weekend with two children. We still haven't done ours and it's been two years, I guess we need to actually get the cupboard doors first. Did you keep Junes painting on the inside of one of the doors? I couldn't imagine painting over that masterpiece.

Lillybet said...

Can't wait to see it in person. I think there is a little story teller/painter and all of us if we coukd be handed a paint brush and some paint.

Buck said...

Maybe we should get the microwave.

4boyzmdmom said...

The new look is great! I'm impressed! I've been wanting to do something like that to my cabinets.

You are right about the slippery slope, though...one project always leads to something else!