For Earth Day I decided to take the girls to the mountains to be with ... the earth. So we invited our friends and went on an easy nature hike/walk.
The kids loved exploring. At one point I had to get June off of a rocky slope. Turns out June and her friend Elora were trying with all their might to climb to the top of the actual mountain. June pointed to the top of the distant peak and explained to me that she was the best climber and was going to go to the top. I could instantly see the adventure through her eyes- through my own eyes as a child. I love that she is fully immersed in her childhood, a time when she thinks anything is possible.
No time spent outside would be complete without finding some rollie pollie friends.
Adrian and her new baby boy! She's the real adventurer here...
The walk back was a bit more emotional for June. Who even knows why. But she protested a little bit for good measure.
But all in all it was a good day. Every day should be earth day and spent outside. I mean, as long as it's 60 degrees or warmer.















2 comments:
The few times we have been around mountains June wants to climb to the top so you might have a real adventurer there someday, however if she was already sitting down in the middle of the path on the way home maybe she is not quite there yet. 😘
Days that are warmer than 60 degrees and not raining are hard to find around here lately! You've inspired me to go hiking in the mountains (well, what we call mountains in these parts) next time we have a day like that.
Post a Comment