Thursday, April 30, 2015

Part of Your World


Sometimes I feel like June gets the short end of the stick. Probably because Hazel is the baby and gets held most and doesn't get in trouble really since she doesn't understand (or sass us.) So I wanted to give June a day to pick something special to do.

 So one morning last week I asked June, "What do you want to do today?" And she responded, "Have an Ariel party!" 
And so an Ariel party is what we had!

 First we made some treats for it. We made, from scratch, poppy seed muffins with blueberry cream cheese frosting. June made sure to add some sprinkles.

Then we went to the fabric store and June picked out what fabric she wanted for shells and a tail. I think she did a good job picking! And then I did something I never do- I sewed. Nothing fancy, just a hand stitch I made up as I went to save time but it ended up making the "shells" have a scalloped look to them so we're going to go ahead and pretend I did that on purpose.



Then we invited a few friends over. Thankfully I just happen to have three Little Mermaid cups on hand, and a blue one for the boy friend.
We also had gold fish from "under the sea."
And they watched The Little Mermaid while they snacked.

It was a simple success.

5 comments:

Erinlizabeth said...

I wanna go to this party...

Max and Rebecca said...

Such a fun idea!

Adrian said...

Perfect! I love that you just went with it.

4boyzmdmom said...

Mother of the year!

Lillybet said...

That's what following mom's intuition is all about. And is Abe supposed to be Sebastian? So fun.