Last week on Wednesday it rained and it rained. Large, cold drops of water rushed
down from the pewter clouds.
I wasn't in the mood.
So we went to this massive sporting goods store called Scheels. It's
two stories and seriously the size of a football field. There are
talking, moving, robots of Abraham Lincoln and Tomas Jefferson. There
are photo booths with stuffed skunks and bears. There are shopping sections for fishing, camping, working out, swimming, hunting and
everything in between. There are a few places to buy food and on one
side of the store there is an entrance with a huge tank of fish that
makes an archway. Oh and let's not forget the large mountain with
every animal imaginable on it, real dead animals that have now been
stuffed and put on display. Bears, moose, bob cats, goats, deer,
badgers, and who even knows. Next to that large display hangs a life
size airplane hanger. This place is OUT OF CONTROL.
And why did we
go? Because we thought it would be fun to take our girls on the
FERRIS WHEEL. Yes, right in the center of the this ... mall... it
opens up three stories high and there is a full sized, massive Ferris
Wheel. And hey, it only costs a dollar per person.
We went with our friends Adrian, Elora and baby Ellis. So June and I went first while Adrian stayed with her kids and
Hazel.
It was all fun and games until
June and I got stopped right smack dab on the top of the ride for
like five minutes. And while that is happening I can see three
stories down that Adrian has run off after Elora, I'm guessing to use
to restroom since they don't return, and a lady she had been talking
to is kindly watching Hazel, who has been standing in the cart. But
of course she realizes that she doesn't recognize anyone around her
so she starts to cry. The lady picks her up and she cries harder. So
the woman's teen age girl holds her and bounces her and actually gets
her to calm down. And all the while I'm helpless and dangling in a
basket in the sky. Talk about feeling helpless and trapped!
But all ended well and June
did say that it was, "really really really really.... cool!"
And then Adrian and Elora took a turn.
So after all of that fun... we wandered the store, taking photos
with statues and fish and bears.
June even picked out a hat that just happens to have her grandpa's favorite team logo on it. Looks like his brain washing is working... ;)
So... Thanks America for being so over the top and providing unnecessary and frivolous stores like Scheels. And for the nice strangers that hold babies and don't kidnap them.


4 comments:
Charlie just looked at this and wants to go now. Holy cow, I would have been STRESSED if I saw strangers holding my baby and I couldn't do anything about it.
Once again you have another strange story to tell. I too would have been just a little freaked out with someone else holding my baby. Looks like a fun place. Need to go sometime.
I wish I was there
The picture of you and Hazel with the bear is my absolute favorite!
Post a Comment