Thursday, April 9, 2015

Easter Celebrations

Easter was good this year. But it's always good. It's the best holiday because of its meaning.

 The decorations were minimal but thanks to June picking some super short tulips from our front yard, we had some color on the table.  

We got to dye Easter eggs for family night. This was so fun this year with June. She thought the colors were "so cool"and loved everything about it.

We went and gathered flowers to put on some eggs. Picking them from the yard with June was one of my favorite parts. She loves exploring and wandering.
But then the extras had the same fate as the eggs. That water was just too tempting for a three year old.

We did the Easter baskets on Saturday. It was fun to "hide" them in the yard.
Hazel's basket:

June's basket:

 Instead of an Easter dress or skirt, this year I opted for some Easter pants.

Then some of my younger cousins came and did an egg hunt in our yard. 
Here they are getting instructions before they are let loose to hunt for eggs:

Sunday we did the spiritual egg hunt, thanks to my mom making these for us last year. It was actually a good thing, June learned a little bit about Christ and his sacrifice for us and about his resurrection. Without prompting she said "The tomb is empty because Jesus is... swimming!" So... I guess maybe we still have some clarifying to do.

Then Buck's brother and his girlfriend came over for a lunch thing so we did a little decorating. 
 And made fruit flowers,
 deviled eggs,
 and blueberry bread pudding.

We also did a little craft of making bracelets out of jelly beans. I was surprised at how much I liked my new jewelry. I was sad to cut it off that night. But it turns out it's not the most practical decoration for my arm that is constantly doing dishes and such... water and jelly beans... all that sugar and dye... just, not good. Too bad, it was so pretty. 

For dinner we went to my grandparents house for a great meal of ham and other assorted side dishes. It was fun to be with family, that's what it's all about. I forgot my camera and didn't get any photos, however, so I'll leave you with this parting gift:

Happy Easter and spring to everyone!

3 comments:

Carrie Lynn said...

We did a Christ-centered egg hunt on Sunday too (I made one last year and it was a hit) but Ruthie just SCREAMED until every egg was opened. So yeah. Not the most spirtiual of times.

I love your Easter pants and your Easter face.

Adrian said...

Looks like a good Easter! You will have to let me see what you had inside your eggs. I was so close to making one this year

4boyzmdmom said...

I love all the beautiful colors in these pictures. Everything shouts "spring!" and the food looks so yummy too!