Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pumpkins & Apples

While I was gone in Boise my in-laws showed up to visit for over a week. So that meant that Buck didn't have to be a single father that weekend and that once I got back there were adventures to be had.


Because I love fall so much this seasonal activity deserves a post all its own.


One of the days that week June and I went with Nana and Pops down to Santaquin to the Red Barn. Once we got there we found out that all the exciting fall things were only open to the public after 3:30... and it was 11:00 a.m. They were currently only allowing these small school groups to go. We were sad and decided to ask if we could go anyways and they said yes! It ended up being even better because we got to take a hay ride out to the patch and orchard where all the kid stuff was with us and a small group of 6 young boys and a couple adults. So we ended up with the whole place to ourselves it felt like.


June was, of course, completely spoiled. She got ice cream and donuts. We also got cheese curds and apple cider. And we got to pick out some pumpkins at the patch and a bag of fresh apples. I felt like we accomplished all of our fall goals in this one trip.









This day was also my in- laws anniversary. So they decided to go through the maze because that's symbolic, right? :)








June looks very distraught about the apples. That's because she was grossed out by the mushy ones that had fallen.



2 comments:

Dayna said...

I want a truck like that old red one. Thats all.

4boyzmdmom said...

This looks very nice but Anna! You have just got to come out to Maryland in the fall and visit a pumpkin patch here! They have awesome pumpkin patches out here. :)