That's a great intro right?
Not really, but I'm not feeling eloquent at this moment. And I just want to tell you that we went, you know?
I was thoroughly entertained the moment I walked into the field of tents and merriment. So many people dressed up. We looked pretty lame and all 21st century. Where's my bar wench outfit when I need it?
We got to watch some friendly jousting. This turned out to be a highlight because towards the beginning of the show, June got picked out and given a rose and proclaimed "Lady June!" in front of everyone there. And they cheered for her. Plus, June loved seeing the horses and thought that smashing sticks into each other is fascinating. Thankfully my amazing photographer friend Adrian was there to get some photos for us. But then, unfortunately, her daughter got overwhelmed or scared by all the cheering, so jousting was a bust for them.
In the end, we got to see a gypsy dancing with fire.... a village, food, BIG birds, crazy people, and hear some peasant music- which June loved and made me go up near the stage so we could dance to it.
GOOD TIMES people, good times.
After that, since we were already at Thanksgiving Point, we went to a different event where they were measuring GIANT pumpkins. Let's just say that the all time record was a 1,600 pound pumpkin. !!!!! And, forgive me, but all those giant squash looked like obese men laying around.
![]() |
| Waiting for ice cream can sure be hard work! |











7 comments:
What's a good ol' renaissance cheer? I want to say "Tally-ho!" but that's...I don't know what that is. Fox hunting? I'm no good -_- ha ha
That picture where june is sitting on the white chair reaching her hand out. Her hand, anna, she has your finger talent. I can't do that. Do know what i'm talking about? Its a gift she has, one I wish I had. If you don't know what i'm talking about just call me crazy and move on.
Obese Men...hahaha!
We sure know how to have a good time :)
She looks like she's commanding her subjects...
Oh my gosh that first picture of June needs to be title "Off with their heads!" Adorable little tyrant ;)
How is it that June always has the perfect outfit? The day she receives a rose from a knight is the day she is wearing a shirt with roses...
Post a Comment