Sunday, May 6, 2012

The 12:32 a.m. Bandit

Hey family and friends.
I know that I have been gone for a good week and I should really start posting about that epic vacation.

But first things first.

We need to talk about two nights ago.

Buck and I were just laying in bed, about to fall asleep. I heard a noise at our back door, which is right across from our bedroom. I thought maybe it was the cat. But then I heard it again. I looked and saw that Miso was laying above my pillow- only he was up now and staring straight at the door. Yikes! Buck goes to check on the noise, in all his underwear glory, and I hear him suddenly bust open the door and say "WHAT THE HECK* ARE YOU DOING?!" The guy had seen Buck coming and was trying to hide behind a wall. So then he makes up some story for a second about being stranded and just looking for help. He was fumbling and obviously lying. And possibly high. The second Buck turned his back- he bolted and ran off.

Great.

So we call the cops and they come and we see them searching the street.

And then Buck and I lay awake for a while. I love Buck because he didn't want me to stay awake being scared so he stayed awake by me so I could sleep. My watch dog. And honestly- I was surprised how calm I felt. I look back and I know it's because I feel so safe with Buck- I know he can protect us. And also, I knew that God was looking after us. Things could have been a lot worse. You never know.

Last night we went up to the mountains with some friends to have a bon fire. Pretty sure when we left the house I brought my lap top, camera and some other things, you know, just in case. We were pretty bugged because we thought that maybe he noticed we had been out of town and thought that we were still gone. That we were a target- that someone was watching us. THAT'S what made me feel unsafe.

Then at church today I was walking by a lady and I heard her telling a similar story so I stopped and asked. And sure enough- the creep had tried breaking into her house too- and several others! Same guy- same night.

The Good news?

The cops caught him.
AND this means he wasn't specifically targeting us.

So I guess we are feeling a bit better now. Until next time.

We're still talking about getting a dog though.
 And a gun.

*So maybe Buck didn't say "heck." But you wouldn't either.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

wow. so glad they caught him!

Scott and Nicole said...

Oh my heck that is scary! Glad you are okay.

4boyzmdmom said...

One time when we had just returned from a long trip to Utah I was up early with some of the kids and someone opened our screen door and tried the knob on our front door. We had the same thought...that someone had noticed we were gone and was attempting to break in until they heard noise and realized we were back. It was kind of creepy! Glad the guy was caught!

Chelsea said...

CREEPY! Quynn has numerous guns, and there's a safe you can get that sits under your bed that holds a hand gun, that can only be opened by your fingerprint, so it's super secure! When we hang out Buck and Quynn can talk all about guns, Quynn LOVES them! lol! Glad you guys are safe and that you weren't just the only target.

amynicole said...

Yuck yuck yuck. Glad everything worked out with him getting caught and oddly enough it feels better knowing you weren't the only home. I told Matt this story and he showed me how to load his gun and fire, haaa! We live in such a sketchy town, I plan to blog about it, so stau tuned :) you'll want to mve here we are so cool :)