By the way, here is a picture of our view from the condo balcony and then a photo of the inside. Buck and I and June got the upstairs loft room.
We got this in a fortune cookie and it was sad because we got it in Hawaii, which meant we were really going home. :(
So. The last day was a little tricky. We had to check out of the condo at 11:00 a.m. but we didn't fly out until 10:00 p.m. Nobody really wanted to get all salty at the beach and then have nowhere to clean up. Well, everyone but me that is. So I got to go relax on the beach by myself for a little bit. No regrets- the water was warm like a bath and the sand was soft and hot.
And then after that we all drove up 10,000 feet (!) to the top of the island, which is a crater. Or volcano, or was... or something. Either way. It was pretty epic to drive up above the clouds. The mountain itself is an additional 19,000 something feet under the water and it is actually taller than Mt. Everest. I'm hoping this can count as my trek now...
At one point we stopped during the drive and went on a little hike. I was able to take a moment in the silence by myself and watch these clouds collide.
The crater! Like being on Mars they say.
After that we drove to Iao valley- a sacred valley where one of the last battles for Hawaii was fought. It was beautiful.
That night we went to eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, which was good, and then we left.
And oh, that over night flight. June screamed and screamed the whole way up, she was so tired and confused. We felt so bad, for her and for everyone around us. She finally got to sleep but would wake up every hour and scream for a minute. Imagine, if you will, the deadly silent plane and then all the sudden "AHHH A@#^Y$UH!!!" roaring through the plane. Although, over all, it could have been worse. People were understanding as well, so that helped.
And here we are. Back in Utah in one piece. So what more could we ask?
The whole week I kept marveling at how blessed I've been through out my whole life to see so many different places and meet so many people. The earth is clothed in the most indescribable beauty. I don't have any idea why I have been able to see what I have, but I have a heart full of thanks for every little piece of it.
We are so grateful to have been able to go on this wonderful vacation. We are so grateful for my parents and all that they do and did for this and for everything. Feels like we won the lottery in life with our families- they are so wonderful!
Now. The only thing left to do is to convince both of our families and relatives to move to Hawaii.
And our friends.
And THEN it would be paradise and we could all live there and be happy.
Shall we?






3 comments:
SO FUN!!! Will you guys be our tour guide when we eventually go?
Of course! I mean, it will be easy since I'm sure we'll be living there soon. ;)
Hey, we've always wanted to live in Hawaii....
Post a Comment