After a great day in Waterton, Camellia and Doug took us to their little cabin on their land in “the brush” for a hot dog roast. I’ve heard her talk about this place before and it I imagined it being full of… well, sage brush or something. Kind of barren. But I could not have imagined it more wrong. Doug got their horses all ready and we drove to the place, which was only like a 6-minute drive. We stopped up a dirt road where there was a pond. They have a gate there so we left our van and either piled into the truck or on a horse and headed down the trail/road to their cabin. And it was so amazing!
Apparently “the Brush” means a lush mountainous forest with open meadows and a fresh spring. My mind was blown! I mean I see a lot of incredible mountains and forests here in Utah but I think it was the fact that they, and Doug’s family, OWN it. It’s like my ultimate dream to own land like that (well, that and MAYBE a beach house in Hawaii, but you know… I’m a simple girl 😝) But anyway. The sun was gentle as it slowly slid down the sky. The horses were calm. There was green trees and white flowers and it was pure therapy.



























































No comments:
Post a Comment