Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Lately- July

 July has come and gone! I  can't believe it! But we lived it full! Here are some highlights, aside from my other posts from the month!

Went to see the new Indiana Jones movie with Buck's parents. I loved it!


Came home to find this strangeness in the garage.... a wheelbarrow diner, perhaps? 

Rose and some cute friends. 

June at her young women's activity

A million bird nests from mud! 

Already added these boating photos to another post but wanted to add it here too so that we can always remember the boat! 

June with her friends at the 4th of July bike parade! 

And now for my monthly cat round up. I freaking love them





Snow cones! 



Buck's wild hair.... 

A wild afternoon of a lemonade stand with no customers. 


Buck left some selfies on my phone


Spent the day in Logan for my cousin's funeral. It was a connective day with family. 

Got to go to my Aunt's house afterwards and I  loved seeing my kids love her yard as much as I did as a kid too. 











At my family's airbnb in Logan. The kids did a funny "Ghost tour" at the house too. 







Sweet Rosie was deeply moved by the funeral, even though she didn't know my cousin. She came home and made a frame for his photos that she got off the funeral program. 

She also made a cute little restaurant. 

And takes such good care of her bear. I  just love her and this age so much. So much sweetness. 

Our last day on the boat. 😥 We decided to sell it for financial reasons. Hopefully we'll get another one some day in the next couple years! 





Then I ended up on another boat with friends for a friend's birthday. It was a beautiful evening! 





The girls got to go on a date with Pops and Aunt Jade to a symphony under the stars of Disney Princess music.




A random middle of nowhere gas station. I  thought it was really funny that they had cans of cream of mushroom at the check out, you know, just in case you forgot it and realized right then you needed it. 

And amazing wolf things and snow globes. haha

And this creepy motel next door.... 

Lunch date with Winta

Hazel wanted to make more dipped strawberries. She's cute. 


A rare Barbie sighting

Summer horse lessons. Went on a trail so I  joined on the back of June's horse and I  regretted it and then asked to be let off in the middle of nowhere while they finished the ride. Sorry, just was having a hard time feeling safe with my wispy, overly confident 12 year old at the wheel. 







Swimming at a neighbors house! 

Pioneer day! A holiday in Utah. We went to a party at the neighbors and they insisted on doing Mexican food so I  tried to keep things authentic on my side and brought pioneer candies, a butter churn that we all took turns churning, and of course, my outfit. 



Okay but then I changed out of it. 

They did fireworks too and man that triggered some PTSD.... 



Cool rainbows from the windows at singing practice. 


Took Winta on a date! We took her to the Barbie movie (she wanted to see it) and then out to dinner! 




A beautiful rainbow by our house! 





Early morning temple date with my friend Sydney! 

A fun day at the water park again! 






Cute photo of June with her friends. 

Oops. Another cat photo.

During Johnny's birthday photos, Rose made a cute contraption with all the junk yard stuff. 

Karaoke night! 

Baby sitting baby Finn! my nephew. 

Took Hazel on a date to Evermore! More photos to come in another post but it was fun and she lvoed the magical place! 

So much so that she decided she was a steampunk elf.... and she recruited Johnny as well. She made him a hat to match the one she bought and it was pretty impressive! 


Another funeral in the same month. This time for a girl from my old neighborhood who I used to be one of young women's leader for. It was sad. It was nice to see old friends though. I'm sure she would have been happy to know she brought us all together again.  

Last day of July means Harry Potter's birthday so I  bought some sorting hat cupcakes to celebrate. 

Then that night we went to a play with Buck's family for his mom's birthday! As always, the play was amazing!  


Incredible set! 



And lastly, some pretty sky photos. I could stay in July for at least 7 more months. 




No comments: