Thursday, August 3, 2023

Happy 5th Birthday, Johnny!!!

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY!!



Dear Johnny, 
We love you sooo much! I cannot believe you're five and going to kindergarten!




There are so many things to say! You're full of energy and it's hard to get you to stop moving or to slow down. You're excited about a lot of things in life. You love to play with sports balls, even if you don't know the games very well yet. You want to learn karate and motocross and you're so excited about how you learned to swim without your floaty this year. You also like to sing. You want to be in a band and play the electric guitar. You've decided that you're favorite music is rock music! haha But you truly seem to love it. 



You continue to be drawn to anything car or truck or motorcycle. Also anything space or astronaut related. You love to dress up! Right now your favorite costumes are spider man, dragon king, black panther, astronaut, construction worker, or wizard (especially Harry Potter.) And occasionally a butterfly. And I love it so so much. 





One of my most favorite things is reading chapter books with you! We started some this year and you've gotten really good at listening and following along. Occasional pictures are exciting for you but you're good without them too! Your current favorite books are the Magic Tree House series. You also live for lullabies at night and I  hope that never changes. 



This year you took soccer and swimming lessons and you also graduated preschool! You are getting better at chores and love to help me cook anything. You learned to ride a bike without training wheels but you're still nervous to do it. You like to run fast as well! 



You still have the sweetest little voice but you're very good at speaking articulately and have good vocabulary. You're good at making friends but sometimes do you play hard to get with some of them. haha We've been working on your patience, because once you get something in your mind you will NOT stop asking for it. Drives us wild sometimes but I hope one day it translates into a strength. 😉







We've gone on so many adventures together and I'm going to miss you so much when you start school! I  hope that going all day will be okay for you! You did so well at preschool but that was only three days a week and for a few hours. But over all you seem ready! But am I? I'll miss having you around with me all day.  



Johnny, I can't tell you enough how grateful I am that we had you! I wasn't so sure I could handle a fourth kid but now I can't imagine life without you! We'd be so incomplete and sad! You're full of life and love! I  love how pumped you are about everything! I  hope that never changes. I'm excited to watch you grow this next year! But also, I'd be fine if we could pause this time for a little bit more.... 





WE LOVE YOU! 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 





Some good quotes from this past year:

"When I grow up, I'm going to be a weird man!"

"I'm gonna tell you how to make chicken nuggets. You put a chicken in a nugget. And that's all." 

"Mom, you're our servant!'
"Oh I'm your servant in the game you're playing?"
"No! In real life!"

"Ready, cassette, GO!"

Driving by a factory that was putting out a bunch of smoke and steam into the air, Johnny sincerely asks, "Dad! Is that where the make clouds?!"

Johnny: "The moon IS a planet in space."
Rose: "No Johnny, it's not. It's a moon. A moon with big holes in it."
Mom: "Those are called craters, do you know why the moon has craters?"
Rose: "They are there for space ships to land on?"
Johnny: "No. They are from meteors!" 

"Johnny, why is your shirt all wet?"
"Because! Science!"

"I'm going to cut you up and then love you to pieces!" 

"Don't you need your shoes, Johnny?"
"No, today I am a barefoot man!" 

"I'm gonna be like a GUY today. I want a hamburger, fries, and a root beer." 

Conversation with Johnny, who, it's funny to add, was wearing goggles and a snorkel around the house while saying this:
"Mom! Did you know that cereal is important?!"
"And why is that?"
"I  learned that at school! You need to eat it everyday!"
'But why is it important?"
"Oh that, well..... I  don't actually know."




And now for the
Birthday Interview! 

What is your favorite color:
Green and blue

Favorite toy:
I  think my black panther mask?

Favorite show:
Paw Patrol and Wild Kratts

(Hazel starts freaking out in the background and tries to bust in)  
"Wow, we have too many people in this house, huh Johnny?"  
"I wish it was just me and you and you only had one baby and it was ME

Favorite snack:
Panda cookies, I mean chocolate chips

Favorite book:
Magic Tree House

What do you take to bed every night:
Stuffies and blankies and pillows

Favorite Breakfast:
Cereal. French toast

Dinner?
Cereal and french toast. 
No... computer and balls.... (laughs) 
Chicken nuggets and .... pictures! (laughs)

What does mom always say to you:
Cuddle time

Something Dad says:
Working time

What makes you happy:
Hugs

What makes you sad:
hurting feelings

What makes you laugh:
Tickles

Favorite thing to do:
Play games

Who's your best friend:
Abraham

What do you want to be when you grow up:
Astronaut

What's something you're good at:
Swimming without a floatie

What's something mom is good at:
Making breakfast and yummy snackies

Dad:
Working and working and working

June:
Being bored

Rose?
Eat leaves (laughs)
She loves playing lava lamps.... (laughs)

Hazel:
Getting hurt

Winta: Going to job corps

Haben: Taking care of her baby

Something you're not good at yet:
Swimming in deep water

Favorite song:
Come little leaves

What do you want for your birthday:
A black panther costume that goes over and has purple eyes and has a suit. And scuba diver costume!

FAvorite animal:
All the animals. And kittens and doggies. 

What does dad do for work:
A bunch of meetings

Favorite place to go:
Swimming pool

Something you complain about a lot:
Cookies. Because I  want cookies and I  complain about it.

What musical instrument would you play:
Electric guitar

Something that scares you:
Big ginormous skeleton ghost. 
(He saw it at Lagoon on the haunted mansion ride)

What is dangerous:
Falling off a cliff

What do you love about yourself:
That I  can do a bunch of stuff

Favorite holiday:
Christmas





That's all for now! 
Until Next Year! 



No comments: