Can't believe we're here! But the kids have all gone back to school. And not only that but Rose starts school all day for first grade AND the school changed and now kindergarten is all day too! So I'm losing them both at once! I spent a lot of time crying about this earlier this summer and then spent a few months mentally preparing myself. Today was Johnny's first day (kindergarten starts a week later) but so far I'm doing okay! But still hate thinking about him gone all day..... And on top of it all- June is starting Junior High! ACK!
I've had a little buddy (or two) with me every day for the past 12 years! So this is a big deal. It's not just a chapter closing, but feels like a whole new book is starting. I've put my ALL into being a mom and so much of that including taking my kids out to museums and parks and with me on errands and all the things and, well, now going to those places will be different. After school kids have homework and activities and such. It will never be quite the same ever again. 😢
But I know that there is so much good to come too. The ways they will grow and learn will be so exciting. This is why we had kids, not to keep them locked to us, but to teach them how to go into the world and be good people. So here we go!
June had a 7th grade orientation. Dropping her off at the bus stop reminded me of this photo of her first day of school in our new neighborhood. This was second grade!




















No comments:
Post a Comment