Monday, January 9, 2023

New Year Thoughts

I always find it therapeutic to look back on the year as it ends. I can see all the goodness and and the ways certain trials shaped us. While there were of course hard things this past year like, parenting certain children, some health issues, finances, the 4th of July fire, and hardships with certain relationships, I still say it was a better year than the previous two. I got to go into 2022 with my thyroid being managed now and that made alllll the difference. Plus we had only four kids in the home now and that felt easy compared to four. 😆 (not that we don't love having everyone here! But you know what I mean.) 

And we also had many wonderful times and memories! 

One of the big events of the year was that Haben got engaged! It was a bit of a surprise but Yonatan is a great guy and we've loved getting to know him!

Then our little Hazel got baptized in the spring! It was a wonderful day.

 

Rose graduated preschool!

Buck and I got to go on our first "Couple's trip" and we went to Palm Springs and it was a blast!

Over spring break we took the kids to Southern Utah and Buck's parents were so kind and let us borrow their trailer so we could camp! We went to Zion National Park and the sand dunes and other fun things!

 

And then there was Haben's wedding! It was a special day and it's hard to put it all into words but it meant a lot to be there and be her family. It was special to wear the traditional clothing as well and more fully immerse ourselves in her culture!

We also traded our old boat and got a newer one! So there were lots of amazing times boating this year!

Our big family trip of the year was driving down to California. We spent the week in San Diego with my family going to the beach, Sea World, and whale watching but also stopped at Universal Studios and got to to go Harry Potter!

 

Then we went on the best camping trip with Buck's family at Bear Lake and had a great time!

And of course we spent a week during summer time at my parent's home in Boise! Always a relaxing and fun time!

Then one of the biggest events of the year- Haben had her baby! Little Alonab! Which makes us grandparents!

One of the other huge highlights of the year was Buck and I got to go to London for a friend's wedding! So we got to stay the week and tour around. We haven't done a trip like this since our honeymoon so it was so wonderful. Here's to many more adventures. ;)

Aside from those bigger events, we also spent so much time in the mountains and hiking as a family and it really makes me the most happy!


We also thoroughly celebrated all the holidays.


 

And the kids all enjoyed various classes and extra curricular activities. I might even be missing a few here? I have too many kids and since classes usually go with the school year and therefore the actual year 2022 has two different school years in it, it gets hard to remember it all.

 Hazel started learning how to sew from Buck's aunt!

And she still takes her art classes!
 
Rose and Johnny did swimming lessons in the winter and it was so good for them!
 And in the summer the girls all took swimming at a pool in the neighborhood! 








June and Hazel have continued taking piano!
 
And all three girls did dance and June also did a musical theater class as well as her hip hop class.

 
This fall Hazel switched dance up and is now taking Irish dance and loving it!

Johnny did soccer and had fun but mostly looked forward to the snacks afterwards. ;)

Two things I did this past year that I am grateful for is:

Getting a uterus ablation.... a few months in and so far it worked and no more monthly periods for me! Life changing!!!!!

 
And then I got my eyebrows tatooed on and it's been the best! Since I didn't have much eyebrows it's just been a little thing that has helped me feel better. 


 Buck also changed jobs this summer. He wasn't planning on it originally but someone reached out about this opportunity and one thing lead to another and he took the jump! And now instead of driving 3 hours everyday to work, he works from home! It's been THE BEST. We love having him around and I think I'm a pretty cute coworker so there's that incentive. ;)


 In the end, there are so many more things I could add. All the family outings we took to museums and parks and such. All the many plays we went to- as a couple and with the kids! A play a month at least and then some months there were more! I could post a whole thing about all the crazy social things I've done with friends such as girls weekends, road trips, and nights out- I'm so grateful for the friends I have and for this neighborhood. Also all the game nights Buck and I go to with our close friends here, it's been a highlight for sure! I could write about how Buck started exercising for reals and about how I never did. I could write about my new camera and all the things Buck sold to buy it for me. I could talk about the birthdays- oh the birthdays- a Harry Potter party- a camping party, a golden birthday and a mermaid one! It's been a full year! They all seem to be! And sometimes I think I have a talent for finding more time in the day than the average person. I'm not sure how I manage all these things. 😆 It's a blessing and a curse. Probably a curse for poor tired Buck. ;) 

So anyway, It was a blessed year and I am grateful and have made it a point to stand in those moments and realize them for what they are and be happy and avoid negativity because hard times come to us all and I don't want to look back and feel remorse for not living life the fullest when I had the chance! So onward we go- here's to you 2023!

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Such a big year! It's fun to see everyone's growth and all the fun family thins you did!