If you've been around here for a while, then you'll know that I love celebrating New Years and all our traditions. So maybe you'll understand why it felt so weird that we didn't really do any of them this year. We ended up, due to weather, driving home from Boise on New Years Eve so we got home that evening and were all grumpy and worn out. We didn't get Thai food or do our chocolate fondue. We didn't have family over or play games. I didn't get my lava lamps out. We didn't set off any sky lanterns with wishes for the new year. (and, I daresay, Buck will never let us light off sky lanterns again anyway due to our new found fear of field fires....) And so.... it felt weird. The weather was awful too and we couldn't even see the fireworks of others going off around the shores of the lake, like we normally can.
But thankfully we have wonderful neighbors and we were invited over for a friend party. We got to hang out, eat snacks, and take fun photos. Then at midnight we did the Peruvian tradition of running down the street with luggage for good luck and travel in the new year.












1 comment:
Looks fun! I think it's totally ok to skip a tradition for a year or even let some go as your family grows.
Post a Comment