Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Dinner Around the Table

Nothing sums up our life right now than these photos of a typical family dinner and some quotes from June and Hazel. Enjoy!


 While I’m trying on some new clothes “Mom! You look really great inside of that!” Hazel


Anna- "I don’t like guns"
June- "Then you don’t like Americans!"


“Thank you tree” Hazel says as we’re on a walk. “I like to thank trees when they give me some shade.”


June and hazel are wrestling. June kicks Hazel in the chest. “June!!!” Hazel wails, “You kicked me right where my faith is!” 
“Where your faith is?!” I asked
“Yes! Where all my good stuff is! Where I believe in Jesus!”
 

"That coaster just tossed all the water out of my eyes!" - hazel


"If mommy wasn’t married and she adopted four children, I know what would have happened by now. She would be swearing!" - June 


I was teasing Hazel about the boy she kissed on the lips when she was in preschool: 
“No more kissing boys until you’re 16!”
“What! I was 3 years old, don’t judge me!” 
 

“It’s just going to be boring flavors like strawberry, chocolate vanilla....” June 
“And CEMENT!” Hazel 


"I only like villians now."
"Why...?"
"Because they create problems..." June


"I cannot resist looking at those flowers!" - Hazel 

"I’m actually really tired. It’s hard work to draw the butterfly life cycle." - Hazel 

"If I’m sad and I color I will stop crying and find joy." - Hazel 

"That’s the friend who betrayed me." Hazel


"I know all about sauteing."
"And who taught you about that?"
"I already just know. I was born for this." - June


“Mom I’m going to try using these chop stickers!”- Hazel 


And that's a wrap for now!

3 comments:

Adrian said...

The "you kicked me where my faith is," is my favorite. Ha ha! So many good ones. Kids say the funniest things!

Lillybet said...

Kids sayings are the greatest. I was laughing at all of these. It’s so fun to see the individual personalities come out in what they say. If June doesn’t grow up to be some type of a chef I will be surprised. And I’m glad that Hazel finds joy in drawing even if drawing the lifecycle of a butterfly wears her out. Ha ha.

Max and Rebecca said...

oh boy, these are all so good, the photos and the quotes!