Monday, August 26, 2019

Anniversary Celebrations

Every year for our anniversary we have the tradition of doing something new together that we've never done before. Somehow this year we landed on going fly fishing. We were able to do this during our week in Boise. We booked a tour so that we could have all the supplies and learn how and be taken to a good place. 

It was a really calming experience. The river was beautiful and the coldness of the rushing water as it suctioned to my legs underneath the weighters was interesting.  Buck hooked several fish that got away as he was reeling them in. I was not having much luck. Until the VERY last attempt and then I caught one! And then he got away. Then the tour guy caught one and let me reel it in. haha So together that added up to me catching a fish, right? 

I was insistent that we take it home. I just wanted to know how the rainbow trout tasted. But now I feel so bad about it because we fried it up and had it on the side of dinner and I forgot about it and got too full and only had a bite of it and now I just feel like a murder that took the poor fishes life for no reason. (except wait! The guide's boss needed some fish guts for something so he took those for him so I guess it wasn't totally in vain? I'm gonna tell myself that.) ANYWAY- it was a fun date for sure! I really do love trying new things together.

Since that was a week before our actual anniversary, on the real day we were also able to go out to dinner and then to the temple.

We found a super nice local fine dining restaurant and it was SO GOOD. Mussels, fancy salads, cantaloupe sorbet pallet cleansers, steak in Gorgonzola sauce, fresh veggies from their own garden and garlic whipped potatoes. For dessert I got créme brulee and it was HUGE and Buck had a chocolate mousse. And I was more full than I ever been in my LIFE. My body told me to stop eating but I didn't listen.

The selfies we post
 

 What most of them really look like

And guess what? That night I threw up all my food! I couldn't believe it! I truly ate TOO much food. My body couldn't cope and so it had to get it out! I was fine after that! Man, I'm a romantic date. But hey, most expensive vomit of my life... lesson learned though and may that be the only time I ever push myself that far, haha! 

Well, a great way, mostly, to celebrate nine years together! I can't wait to celebrate the big TEN next year! Hopefully with less puke and fish murdering.

4 comments:

Dayna said...

I love to fish, but hate murdering them too. Sometimes I do, and I always feel bad.

Adrian said...

Fun anniversary activity! Sad about the barfing.

Lillybet said...

There is something really ‘fishy’ about this post. Ha ha. Looks like so much fun and remember the last time we had mussels at my house and you and I both threw up? Maybe it was the mussels and not the rest of the food you ate on your anniversary. But you found a place that does steak with gorgonzola sauce. You had to be in heaven.

Max and Rebecca said...

I love this date idea and that you got to celebrate twice...but I have to say I was wondering about this line for most of the post..."The guide's boss needed some fish guts for something" What did he need the guts for???