Monday, September 3, 2018

Lately- Home Cooked August

Well, as you all know, this month has mostly been all about giving birth to Johnny and therefore dedicated to surviving! 

But to start, right before the birth day, we went to this bug thing at these gardens in Orem. They had a bug story time and lesson, where June and Hazel were both so brave and answered questions all on their own. Then they got to find bugs around with magnifying glasses, see a giant cockroach (they wouldn't even touch it though of course haha,) look through microscopes at butterflies and spiders, and then dance and act out moves like their favorite bugs. I'm glad we went. My friend Bri and her son also came!

I title this one: Hazel making a grumpy face at a sushi restaurant

At a friends house- Rose was so pleased with her get up!

Last temple date before baby!

We finally got our new lights in!

The night I had to go give birth, the girls were suppose to be going on a daddy-daughter camp out with some friends in the neighborhood. I was so sad they were going to miss it. But while Buck obviously did, our friends were so kind and adopted June and Hazel for the evening and took them along!

Meanwhile, I gave birth!
And spent a few days in the hospital, of course. 

And then we came home! More about that HERE. But some snipits here:

My sister made this "moon bed" as I call it. She's amazing!

Totem pole

Hazel broke her wrist coming off a trampoline!
We are so grateful for all our kind neighbors and all the fun our girls have at their homes.

While Buck and I would try to sleep in after rough nights with a newborn, June took to making breakfast half the mornings.... very nutritious meals.

Another morning- granola bar covered in apple sauce, honey and sprinkles.... yummm...

More baby snuggles, those never get old!

Back when Rose liked Johnny at the beginning. haha

When our kids go missing and we search only to find this:

Trying to give snuggles to everyone!

Buck had a glorious two weeks off and in that time we made sure to take the girls on dates. June and Buck went on a bike ride to the boat harbor and June packed them a picnic. ;)

Hazel wanted to play a special iPad game with him and eat popcorn so they did that for a couple hours!

Chelsea took the kids to her house and out to McDonald's!

In between some of the many doctor appointments- we went to a park!

Buck also took June and Hazel (and the monkey and baby doll cupcake) to a movie for a double date.

He also took time to snuggle everyone...

Last days of summer break- playing the old retro Nintendo. Next to a kitten haha

Still more of this! Really should have organized these photos better but oh well.

Selfies!

My mom and sister surprised me with this sweet and thoughtful package called "new mother kit."

Last photos with the kittens!

Oh look! Some more Johnny photos :)

Miso really likes watching Buck play the old Zelda game. ha

Hazel's cute monkey!

Cat bonding time in a wig.

June checking on her rocks mid-rock tumbling cycle. She likes to group them each time and teach us about them. In a couple more weeks they will be fully tumbled and polished! 
"You're a good scientist June."
"No. I am a geologist."

Dress up game going strong over here in the Harrison house!

Each of us trying to soothe a crying child in the car.

Four generations! 
Johnny is the only grandson to carry on the Harrison name!

Rose's Buck sent to me because he is the best.

Some cool views from our balcony! Trying to enjoy them before house are built in our view! 
Lots of thunderstorms and fires this month.

Miso also enjoys the views.

And lastly, important and fun news! Buck's sister Jade had her baby one week and nine minutes after Johnny was born! Her name is Kennedy and she is so sweet and cute and I feel like an awful aunt because I have hardly held her since my arms are always full! But I have plans to be the "cool aunt" when all my nieces and nephew are older. haha 
Here are some fun photos we got at the hospital.
Always nursing a baby somewhere.

And just like that- POOF- the summer months are gone. 
SOB😥😪😭😭😭

5 comments:

rachel garber said...

Sob to the end of summer - yes.

John(ny) and Kennedy? I love this too much.

Anna Harrison said...

WHOA. Too sleep deprived that I NEVER realized that about their names! Haha! So funny!! Definitely wasn’t on purpose but I’m sure God had a good laugh haha

Max and Rebecca said...

"Meanwhile, I gave birth" That was the best line! I love June's meals and place settings, much prettier than I can do! And that johnny boy is just so perfect, I wish I could come snuggle him!

4boyzmdmom said...

I love the balcony photos and the kitten photos and of course all the Johnny photos! Oh, and Rose is already way better at selfies than I am.

RAQ said...

Awe summer...