This past week my dad's side of the family had a family reunion. We started this several years ago as making it a real, every four year thing and so far we've had three reunions! Fun fact: Buck's been to all of them- the first one happened while we were engaged. :) This year everyone stayed at this huge mansion in Mapleton, UT. This house was random and insane. So many halls, bedrooms and random closets to get lost in. The main entrance and front part of the house was all fancy and Venetian and then other parts were more 1980's. There was an indoor swimming pool, indoor racket ball/basketball court, many large gathering rooms, outdoor tennis court, kid's play house, sand box and swings, and some horses.
Our first night was themed after the movie Cocoa and Mexico's Day of the Dead. It was a fun way to remember our family members that have gone before. So everyone made the decorations and someone made a stand where we set out photos of our grandma and grandpa and their parents and grandparents. We had real Mexican food for dinner that night, then my aunts and uncles each told about the lives of my great-great grandparents and their fun stories. Then most of my cousins performed "Remember me" from the movie Cocoa.
Buck got to play pool AND racket ball, which he loves! I was happy
he got to do somethings for himself. I got to have a couple good
conversations with family. We had an amazing catered dutch oven
dinner made by what looked to be a true mountain man. Hazel and Ginny played a lot and bonded. June had the time of
her life playing with the older cousins- she beat the boys at some
video games, learned some tennis and then had a rock out singing jam
and dance session in the basketball court with the big kids. Rose got to play in
various places and pet a horse. Everyone played pioneer games one pioneer day. So there were a lot of good
things but sadly I was a bit over clouded by the anxiety of the pain of my pregnant body and confined to a couch most of the time. BUT at least we got
to go and I didn't have the baby yet! That's a huge good thing! (more on that one day)
And because of this I did not take many photos. But oh well, everyone took a million. So here are mostly ones I took and then several I stole from other family members. :)
 |
| someone's photo |
 |
| someone's photo |
 |
| my dad's photo |
My aunt took these next few ones, I thought they were funny. Pregnant me listening to the program and slowly my chair is overtaken. ;)
 |
| someone else's photo. June and Ginny doing their "secret" hand shake. |
 |
| someone else's photo- Rose and cousin Gwen |
|
 |
| Someone else's photo- girls in the playhouse |
 |
| someone else's photo |
 |
| someone else's photo |
 |
| someone else's photo |
 |
| someone else's photo- Hazel with the egg race. |
 |
| someone else's photo |
 |
| The jam session, this was the beginning, later there were even more cousins in there! |
I'm so grateful for such a wonderful family. The older I've gotten the more I've learned how odd we are to be so large yet so close and how everyone is a good person! My grandma also said how she knew that my grandpa was there in spirit.
Till next time, family! xoxo
2 comments:
Daniel made the "ofrenda" stand for the pictures.
It was the best!! I'm so glad you were able to be there!
Post a Comment