A couple weekends ago we had an exciting thing happen- some friends came to visit and stay at our new house with us! These are our friends who live in Oregon-and to be more specific, my friend Rebecca who was one of my mission companions and the friend who went back to Armenia with me two years ago. We've also managed to see each other at least once a year since being home from our missions! Mostly visits back and forth to Oregon and Utah, but sometimes they've been in Idaho, California and of course, Armenia. Pretty impressive right? Also impressive is that they have three boys each only a couple months behind in age from our three girls! But they are breaking with tradition and so far no baby number 4 to match ours. ;) Oh well, at least these yearly visits are still happening!
So. The weekend. There was a lot of play time for the kids at our house, some late night grown up conversations (way too late haha but worth it!) and lots of eating and naps. Some of the extras that we did included:
A nature walk by the lake.
Kayaking in the mountains!
Campfire dinner and exploring.
Rose would NOT stop moving and dragging this chair around.
Added bonus: a few fun photos Rebecca took!
An evening in at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens.
And, as mentioned, lots of time at home too. We were happily surprised at how well the kids all played together! You just never know.... but they genuine enjoyed each others' company and played around the whole time! We're on our way to at least one future marriage, aren't we? ;)
I wish I would have documented more around the home but whatever, I'm pregnant.
We are so grateful that we have friends who would make the effort to take on such a long drive to come see us, with their young kids in tow! We are so lucky to have friends like that! And we are happy that we finally have room for some guests. (never mind the fact that we just dressed up an unfinished room in the basement for them. Hey, next time we should have real walls!)
Thanks for coming! See you in Oregon next time. ;)





















































6 comments:
Hooray, now that you posted this, I can blog about it! haha! It seems that I only really took pictures at the resevoir! But seriously! You guys are the best! And we absolutely loved our Armenia room, and your whole house! And I'm so happy with how well our kids played!
Also, I find it funny that I'm making a sour face in all the campfire photos...haha, must just be smoke in the eyes! Also, I just love the photos of our kids together and really how wonderful that whole weekend was!
All the kids are the same heights by age! So cool! I’m sorry I was overwhelmed and didn’t have courage to add another thing. But I’m so glad you all had time together! Friends are great—you are all great!
Hey, that picture of Hazel at the very end is awesome. Quite a get up.
That kayaking on the lake in the mountains! I want to do that! Can't wait to be in the Utah mountains again!
I love that you have stayed so close with your old companion. How fun that you have kids that are all the same ages!
Post a Comment