HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY IVORY JUNE!!!
Dear June Bug,
Today you turn seven years old. I was pretty freaked out when you turned five, for some reason, but lately I'm feeling excited about the aging. It's impossible to explain all the reasons we love you and all the things about you, but there is one thing for sure- you are UNIQUE.
You are a great helper around the house and with your sisters. It's honestly been really great having you home for the summer. You are bursting with life! Always dreaming and imagining and creating. You haven't slowed down one bit. You are obsessed with friends and playing. You also have some serious crushes on some cute boys. You are always trying to get away with wearing make up and you always want to wear the most colorful outfit that you can conjure up.
You are kind. You befriend those who need a friend. You have stood up to bullies for others. You share and give away things. You love to create things for others and write kind notes. You're the best big sister all your siblings could have asked for.
This past year you've shown a talent for jokes AND you're starting to understand my sarcasm!
(An important skill when you're my child.) Here are some of your best jokes- you made these up! I know because you tell me when you're telling a joke that you had heard from someone else. But I have been there as these true creations came about, times when you connected something that was going on (like sweeping, having a sucker, eating a meal, etc) to a possible joke. I am pleased that your mind is thinking in jokes. ;)
(An important skill when you're my child.) Here are some of your best jokes- you made these up! I know because you tell me when you're telling a joke that you had heard from someone else. But I have been there as these true creations came about, times when you connected something that was going on (like sweeping, having a sucker, eating a meal, etc) to a possible joke. I am pleased that your mind is thinking in jokes. ;)
Junes jokes:
What happened to Vegas?
It got lost!
(I didn't have the heart to tell her it is actually Las Vegas...)
It got lost!
(I didn't have the heart to tell her it is actually Las Vegas...)
What did the girl toilet say when she saw a new boy toilet?
Nothing. She just flushed.
Nothing. She just flushed.
What did the Lolly pop say at the race?
See ya later sucker!
See ya later sucker!
Who is cows best friend?
A moooose
What did the cow say to the builder?
Build me a moo house!
What did the broom say to it’s kid?
Sweep dreams!
What did the mom pig say to her kid pig?
Don’t be such a piggy eater!
Who is the cows favorite princess?
Moo-laun
What did the mom fly say to the kid fly?
Stop bugging me
Stop bugging me
And some favorite recent quotes:
I’m not your baby girl. If I was I wouldn't know this word: conflicted. And 'sartastic.'
Tomorrow I’m doing nothing except exercising and practicing for the war
If a bad guy’s holding you by your shoes, just slide out of your shoes!
I cant believe you’re my parents! You guys are the best!
Even if you say a bad word or mean things because you’re having a bad day, I will still always love you mom.
Someone
was bullying and there was a war and they said mean words. But I told
them I was going to fight with kindness and my love. Nobody would
believe me. But one day they will.
Hazel starts to wrestle June, “Don’t you dare! I’m wearing make up!!” June exclaims.
I get water in my eyes when someone’s hurt or sad. I’m kind of like Jesus.
New and exciting things that June has done this year:
Been in a Jello food fight
Visited a fall that is 45 feet higher than Niagara falls
Got to hang out with a kangaroo
Sang a solo in front of an audience
Go to a real small town parade
Started reading chapter books
Rode a ski lift
Raised butterflies and released them to the wild
Sheared a llama
Went "glamping"
Viewed a solar eclipse
Went to a princess tea party at art museum
Climbed a tree
Rode go carts
Went to 1st grade!
Sold her own art at a kids Entrepreneur fair
Went to a Chalk on the Block festival
Lost two teeth
And then had two more pulled!
Went to her uncle's wedding
And got to be a real flower girl!
Tried Sea food
Attended Disney on Ice
Made her own snow flakes
Went into the Salt cave
Got to tour Another LDS temple
Went to her Great Grandpa's funeral
Attended a Chinese Lantern Festival
Moved from the only home she's ever known to a new one
Won the "Fashionista" award at school
Camped at Bear Lake
Got to sleep her first night in a "home car" (motor home)
Went Paddle boarding
And Kayaking
Experienced the joy of kittens.
Actually slept an entire night in a tent
And then: She got to go to:
ITALY
Where she:
Learned to make pasta
Went on a boat, train, and plane
Touched the Mediterranean
And collected sea glass
Ate lots of Gelato
Saw the Statue of David
And the Colosseum
She got to go see plays of:
The Lion King
Singing in the Rain
A Christmas Carol
Shrek
Mary Poppins
The Sound of Music
Classes she took:
Swimming lessons
Acting class
And she did lots of new service activities:
Lemonade stand for a cause
Singing at disability center
Making Dolls of Hope
Helping at a service garden
Gave cards and treats to service men
Made Dog treats for animal shelter
Passed out roses to strangers
Assembled Hygiene kits
Earth day clean up
Basically June, my June. There are so many days that I worry that I am not doing the right things for you. Being a mom is weird and hard yet somehow the best thing a person could ever hope to be. I promise you that I am trying my best. We've had so many wonderful times but there have been hard, heavy days too. I am not always "on" and yet you have helped to lift me. I try not to place too many burdens on you but to see the ways you are in tune with me and my emotions and then the ways you help me when you sense that I'm "off" are so powerful. You are a gift to this family and especially to me. Thanks for being patient and loving despite my weaknesses. I promise I will keep trying my best!
We cannot wait to continue this life journey with you, getting to know you and learning from you. Seven is going to be a good year, I can feel it- I know it. Because all the years have been. Let's do this!
Lastly, the birthday interview ;)
What's your favorite color? Rainbow, all the colorsYour favorite toy? Cupcake. It's my doll that looks real and it freaks out my parents
Favorite TV show? My Little Ponies and Super Monsters
Favorite snack? Granola bar, and apple sauce and fruit leather
Favorite book? Nibbles! And Don't Wish for a Unicorn
Special things you like to take to bed? Pirate Ship, Cupcake, Moana, India, my husband. My otter. Not my husband.
What's your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?Cereal. But sometimes I like grown up bowls, grown up utensils, grown up cups!
What about for dinner? Pot stickers
What is something mommy always says to you? Be gentle.
What makes you happy? Pirate ship. Daddy!
What makes you sad? Mommy. *Laughs* When Rosie hits me. (?)
What makes you laugh? Mommy! Daddy!
How old are you? Seven
What is your favorite thing to do? Blah blah blah, play with Daddy, blah blah.
Who is your best friend? Cody, Quinn, Rio, AND Hazel and Rose and mommy and daddy.
What do you want to be when you grow up? An artist and astronaut and bring all my other friends, Natalie and Quinn and all my friends to find the girl who went on an airplane all by herself and never came back. (Amelia Eirhart) I'm going to be on TV!
What are you really good at?Art. I don't need people to tell me what to draw.
What am I (mom) good at? Cooking. Like me.
What is daddy good at? Building. Cleaning, helping.
What is Hazel good at? Silly
What is Rosie good at? Saying words
What are you not very good at? Nothing.
What is your favorite song? Look what you made me do. Taylor Swift
What do you want for your birthday this year? Electric guitar
What is your favorite animal? Unicorn, cheetah, dolphin, flamingo, all of them. Except zombies.
What does daddy do for work? Panda. He works at the panda place with lots of pandas!
Where is your favorite place to go? The museum of statues.
What do you complain about a lot? "Can I go see the kittens?!"
What musical instrument do you want to learn to play? - stands up and plays an air electric guitar-
What scares you?At night when I hear noises and I think there's a dinosaur. NAH- nothing scares me!
What would your three wishes be? To have my own phone, have my own house, have my own triplets. And my own husband!
What seems dangerous to you? Nothing.... except fire. And dinosaurs. No fire IN dinosaurs.
What do you love about yourself? I love everything.
Describe an imaginary creature that you wish you could meet: A jackalope
What do you work hard at? Being kind
What secret are you keeping to yourself? whispers "poopy pants!"AND that I love you
What's your favorite holiday? Santa Claus
What was the last time you were on an airplane? Italy. I went on three airplanes!
Any last words? I love my family. Thanks for watching.
And that's a wrap! Happy Birthday to our oldest, our June bug! We love you!!


















4 comments:
“Not my husband” 😂😂😂 Soooooo many gems here...
She is such a beautiful and kind little lady! She just seems so well-rounded to me! It cracks me up how boy crazy she is! Her jokes are amazing!
She is looking so grown up! Also, I am really impressed with her jokes. She should start working for Laffy Taffy. Most of those are way better than theirs.
She is so quirky and fun and loving and I just love her. And her jokes are stellar. And these pictures are so great. And when she gets a little older and is struggling with feeling OK about who she is, because all teenagers do, remind her of the answer that she gave you when you asked “ what do you love about yourself?“. And she responds with “I love everything“. She will need to be reminded of how confident she was. I hope she can always believe in herself.
Post a Comment