As always, June was plenty spoiled on her birthday this year. Sometimes I wonder if we are doing it all wrong but then.... she's still so young and it's been so fun to make it all so magical! Will I ever stop?!
She woke up to some fun little decorations.
Her Birthday outfit. Shirt says, "Best Day Ever" with some banana pants. haha I really nailed this one as she said "Mom this is the bestest day ever!" like five times that day!
She had her traditional coffee cake.
Opened presents.
Of course the boxes were the real hit:
And then we had a tiny get together, since we weren't having a "real" party. June wanted to make her own birthday candles, pinata, cake, and ice cream- which I thought was so cute!
Pinata Candy
Oh and that cake? That turned into more of a "group effort" to get it done. ;)
So we had a few friends over for that. And also because and she, and Hazel, got a bounce house as a gift that we now own! Nope, not spoiled.... but like, it was WAY cheaper than a trampoline so judge not!
Then her real birthday dreams came true. All she really wanted was to go to a carnival. Normally we have one around her at her birthday time but our city ruined it and had their week celebration two weeks earlier than normal! When we were out of town! So.... we paid about a million dollars more and went to Lagoon Amusement park instead. But the girls LOVED it and had a blast. Buck's parents also came. We just did the second half of the day and that was perfect. She also got her beloved cotton candy, pizza, and a snow cone. Hazel loved most of the rides but one in particular made her cry. June went on some big rides though and loved them all!
Comparing how many steps they had taken that day.
The man of my dreams
Being pregnant means I get to sit in the stroller too, right?
Buck just keeps taking photos and wont stop...
This kangaroo is like, "Hey baby hey."
We ended the night on the Ferris Wheel of terror (since we got stopped
on the tip top for like ten minutes! It was pretty awful, it's the
biggest Ferris Wheel ever!)
And June even got some rainbow ice cream.
Fhew! I can't believe we are alive still to tell the tale! It was a tiring but wonderful day celebrating our June bug!
































































8 comments:
I want to go to Lagoon with you guyssssssss.... Also in one of those photos I thought "Why is Anna taking pictures of random girls?" And then I realized it was June. She looks too old.
Fun times, still recovering from the Ferris Wheel!
What a perfect party and I love that she pretty much planned it and had so many things homemade! So cute. I love the picture of Hazel charging with the bat, the photo of June with her red shaved ice. I love that your hips fit in a stroller, I say it's free game if you fit. Also, grown men on carousels are awesome. And, I've never been to Lagoon and had no idea it was that huge.
June is such a lucky girl! I completely agree with Erin. June looks so old in these photos. I think it's the braids.
I loved all my birthdays and always felt so special when I was a little girl, even if we didn't have a party or do anything besides cake and presents. The little things like balloons go a long way!! I love the photos of her blowing out the candles on the cake.
I remember the Ferris Wheel at Lagoon freaked me out a little bit, too! But the view from up there is amazing.
Oh yeah, Hazel with the bat was my favorite picture! Made me laugh!!
I also like all of the homemade things that you wanted to do for her birthday. It's great that you're willing to do it. I loved the little candles. Looks like you had a fun time at Lagoon. I wish I could have been there too.
I love your family and all, but that kangaroo definitely made this post.
Post a Comment