Don't forget to check out the other two posts about Tahoe
Day four
On this day we rented a boat!
This was
a highlight. The water is truly amazing and I am tired so words fail
me so to be generic, it's deep blue and clear, in the shallower parts
you can see to the bottom. Who knew a lake could be so clear? It was
cold but honestly I think we have worse ones in Utah. Buck jumped in
at one point and said it was amazing to see through the water and
feel it surrounding him.
We first went out to emerald bay to see it from
that view. And then enjoyed driving around a bit.
Then we got the tube out and hooked it to the back. June
was so excited to go on it, I was a little surprised since she can be
timid sometimes but man, she's getting braver everyday! She went on
with Buck and she loved it! Laughed the whole time and then demanded
another turn.
Meanwhile Hazel was getting a little
sea sick and would transition from grumpy to happy and back and
forth. Poor thing. But over all she loved it. As soon as she saw June
getting on the tube she raced to the back of the boat, demanding to
get on. So we gave her a turn. She slowly got on the tube with buck
but then you could tell she was nervous and unsure about it. She
stood there clinging to Buck for a moment but then we told her that
daddy would keep her safe and she was determined so she got down on
her belly and held on! It was so cute. And she also ended up loving
it. It was so cool to see my girls try new things, even a thing that
I admittedly hate. ;) but shh, don't tell them that just yet.
June's second turn
Truman also got on and so did Dan and
Buck took his own turn where he showed off putting his arms out and
then standing up. Of course he fell in after that but the girls were
impressed. Then my mom decided to get in and she was so nervous about
getting on the tube more than anything, who knows why, and so of
course she's the one who fell in the water when trying to get on the
tube and she was doing her mom yell and I don't know, it was just
funny.
My Dad, the loving husband, laughing at his wife screaming on the tube.
After tubing Hazel was DONE.
But demanded to hold the flag.
After our four hour rent time was up, and it totally went fast, we headed back for much needed nap times. And some hammock times.
After dinner that night we all went out to another near by beach and let the girls throw rocks in the water.
DAY FIVE
This was our last day in Tahoe. We went to
the Olympic park where the 1960 winter games were held. They have
this incredible tram that takes you up the mountains, nearly 3,000
feet elevation, within 8 minutes. It's pretty crazy and the views
were incredible. (I'm really lacking poetic words right now.)
Borrowing jackets and feeling goofy because of it.
Once at the summit, “High Camp,”
there are several things to do and we got the pass for them. There
were lawn games and everyone played corn hole for a while except me
as I cuddled my girls who were cold like I was due to the tip top
mountain winds that I suspect always howl around those peaks.
Then it was lunch time
After that it had warmed up some so everyone
went swimming, except lame old me. It's because I was so tired of
being cold and I just could Not stand the thought of getting in that
water with those icy winds whipping me. If I could have gotten in the
hot tub afterwards then yes, count me in! But I'm pregnant and cannot
get in the hot tub so it just wasn't worth it. And there were plenty
of adults to play with the girls in the pool. So that's what everyone
did and I actually felt quite warm sitting in my clothes in the sun
and everyone else had a grand old time, although, they admitted, it
was pretty cold out in the wind when you were wet.
And some under water camera fun:
Lounging
A real framer
After swimming we had a little bit of
time left to try out the roller skating, which was in the open air on
the mountain side. Pretty epic location for our girls first skate.
And Buck's really. He's only ever used roller blades. I was so proud,
once again, of my girls. June wobbled around like a baby deer on an
icy pond but she just laughed and kept trying, while clinging to Buck
or my parents. Hazel was tired from lack of nap so she was very
serious about her efforts but she was determined as always and with
Buck's help, she even started to get the hang of it. I walked the
rink and took photos and loved it all.
But after that we were all so TIRED.
Yet going back down the mountains in the tram was the coolest and the
girls loved it. I loved watching them have these new experiences.
Man, for me as a mom, the new experiences and trying new things is
just... the best to see my kids doing.
So once at the bottom there were
these trampolines with bungee cords so you can jump really high and
the girls wanted to but Buck was like, “they've done a million
things this week!” but I think I was on a high of seeing them try
new things so I talked him into it and the girls loved it. Of course.
Then we all went and got gelato. It was another nap-less day for poor
Hazel. Although she wasn't complaining about that ice cream.
Once again we went back one last night to that cabin tired and worn out but happy and grateful.
























































5 comments:
This looks so fun! That pool up in the snowy mountains looks so cool! As in, fun and freezing! Haha!
Yes, of course I was the one that had to fall in the lake while trying to get on the tube. I suppose it was a good idea I did because then when I got done tubbing I went swimming. I am not sure I would've braved the cold water had I not already fallen in. It was pretty awesome being in that clear beautiful blue water. Boat day truly was fun and then our next day up at squaw Valley was a little nippy in the air but it was really a lot of fun as well. We just got to see and do so many different things and that's what I loved about the week, and even though we had something planned for each day there was still enough downtime in between that we enjoyed that too. I am ready to go back now. Any takers?
I'm exhausted thinking about all of this! But it really sounds so fun and seeing your kids try new things is the best!
Congrats on taking the only swimsuit picture of me that I've ever liked. Sure looks like we've had fun!
This looks amazing!! And that is a really cute picture of Erin...I love her swimsuit!! I remember the first time I went roller skating (at a birthday party) around age 7, I fell so spectacularly that I caused the adult holding my hand to fall too!! (I did learn to skate eventually, though.) I love seeing my kids do new things too!
Post a Comment