I gave birth wearing pearl earrings.
And pigtail braids.
Whenever I'm not sure how long to heat something up in the microwave, I put an off number like 37 seconds or 53.
One of my biggest pet peeves is when there's no hook to hang my coat or purse on in the bathroom stales. Do I look like I want to put my stuff on the public bathroom floor or hope that it will not fall off the narrow toilet paper dispenser?
I keep my toe nails painted year round.
And I kept them painted my whole mission. Color: Black.
I have a problem when I'm in art museums. I really want to touch the paintings. It seems that if I can feel the texture and paint strokes then I will feel the emotion and purpose of it all the better. (I know, I know, it ruins the paint and stuff. This is why I usually refrain.). . . .
. . . . . . . . .
I've touched a real Van Gogh painting.
I distinctly remember in preschool when they asked me if I wanted to learn how to tie my shoe, button a coat, or zip a zipper that I picked the zipper because it seemed like the easiest and least time consuming. Which, I'm afraid, speaks volumes about me.
I hate yellow gummy bears, starbursts, and well, most any other lemon flavored candy. But I LOVE Lemon heads.
From the age of roughly 5 to adulthood I was always very sensitive and aware of the adults that didn't like me. (I was a hyper child, and odd kid, and a rude teenager. Either you loved me (my parents) or you hated me (basically every other adult...) The first time I really remember this and the feelings was with my kindergarten teacher. She didn't like me, and I knew it. My first grade teacher? Loved me. And so it went.
I've never read The Hobbit, Grapes of Wrath, or The Great Gatsby.
When I go into the dentist for a cleaning I don't try and floss and clean my teeth all perfectly to make some good impression. I figure if I'm going in for a cleaning I might as well get my money's worth.
I can't listen to my iPod when I'm traveling in public, like on an airplane, because I can't help but sing along. Out LOUD.
I have therefore become well acquainted with silence and being consumed in thoughts. There's maybe been four days out of this year that I've put music on in my house during the day while I'm home alone. Usually I'm just quiet and thinking. (okay, with the exceptions of playing the piano or my ukulele.) (my poor deprived child. I've been trying to play more music for her.)
I used to collect hotel shampoo and lotion bottles.
I wanted to be a marine biologist for years when I was younger.
And... I regret quitting piano lessons when I was a kid. (There. I said it.)
4 comments:
black toenail polish on the mission! i love it. says it all. you need to read the great gatsby. you would love it.
So about the collecting shampoo bottles...I used to do that too then I realized it wasn't as good as the shampoo I normally use.
I've read the Grapes of Wrath, but not the other two (although I have read the Lord of the Rings trilogy). I hardly ever paint my toenails, but would like to more often. I love music but hardly ever play it when I'm alone. (I think a lot, too.) Frank collects soap, shampoo, and lotion bottles from hotels. And I also regret quitting piano lessons when I was a child. A lot!
great post! I don't like the Great Gatsby--not missing out there!
Post a Comment