So there we were the other night, Buck talking away about this new choice we need to make, and suddenly I took some mashed potatoes and threw them at his face. *splat!* It landed right in his left eye. He got quiet and we both starred at each other. At first he thought I was mad at him. But I started laughing, knowing exactly what was going to happen next. My husband, the retaliater, grabbed a hand full of "hamburger pie" and smeared it on me. We fought for a minute or two, June got upset by her psychotic parents, and then we stopped.
Happy Food Fight Day!
I exclaimed.
Oh yes. It was. And for any of you who have been reading for a good year, you may remember this post- when I declared I was inventing three holidays. Honestly, their first year of existence has been kind of a bust. I mean, in January we did "Celebrate a Country Day" and did Italy. But it was last minute and the drinks ended up being electric purple colored. Then in June it was suppose to be "Celebrate a Color Day" and I totally forgot amiss all the moving and pregnant hoopla. (which was a bummer because this was the one I looked forward to the most.) And then this September I realized a week before that "Food Fight Day" was fast approaching. The only friends we have who would really celebrate this moved away. :( Or everyone is too busy. I don't know. So I decided to just surprise Buck and throw food at him. So that's what I did.
Whatever. Next year. Watch out holidays, here I come.
And I'll count on them then too for a stress breaker because I'm sure we'll be in the middle of some other life changing event or decision as well. Maybe I'll make a holiday for that. Or the lack of. Yeah! A day where NO big things can happen! A day to BREATHE. I'm just not sure yet when that day will be... but I'll let you know.
| This is Buck's food fighting face |
| yep. looks like someone threw up in my hair. Thanks darling. |
7 comments:
Oh such a fun life you guys lead! x
See- a food fight can't be planned. It has to be a holiday where only the people who know about it can start throwing stuff and surprise everyone else. i tried this at a Relief Society Birthday dinner I went to that day when I accidentally tossed some pasta salad out its bowl and on to the president's lap. "Happy food fight day." She didn't retaliate, although I really wish she would have.
We missed it at dinner because we totally forgot...and Max's cousin was over anyway...so we made it up with breath mints when we got into bed. Wish we could celebrate these crazy holidays with you guys!
You two are hilarious. I hate bit life decisions. Not a fan. Punch it in the face for me!
I remeber that post! It's been a year already?! In one more year June will probably be throwing her peas and sweet potatos everyday ha ha.
:)
What a great way to relieve stress...a food fight! Boy, we really could have used one of those around here lately!
Good luck with the big decision...whatever it is!
Post a Comment