Monday, August 1, 2022

Lately- July

 Man, there was a lot! 

Summer is always packed! Because we have to make the most of the extra time together and warm summer days! 

Sometimes all of this adds to lazy mornings

 
A few of our neighbors left for the month on trips- yes a whole month! So we had a game night to say good bye and took a farewell photo in case anyone didn't make it back home. ;)

Slip in slide at the neighbors!

 
And a sign of summer- otter pop massacre.
 
June took a four week tumbling course and learned a lot!
 
Movie date night to see Top Gun!
 
I don't know why I took this but she's cute.
 
That moment where you realize that you "simply" have a problem.

Some good thunder storms this summer that also lead to rainbows!

 
Our cat brought in a poor baby bird! The nest looked ruined and no sign of any others so we took the baby to a bird rescue center. Kids were sad and wanted to keep it. And mom guilt is weird and I feel super bad that I didn't get a photo of Rose holding the bird so just know that she held it too.

Saw "Singing in the Rain" at HCT and it was AMAZING as always!!!

Went to Chick Fil A with Buck's siblings after the play!

Boating with friends!

 
Went to my dear friend, Kenzi's, sealing to her husband at the temple! Kids got to hang out in the waiting room

A rare thing... we went on an early morning walk together. Wish we did that more often....

 
June did my hair and wanted it documented.
 
Avoiding bed time by being cute.
 
Took swimming lessons again for two weeks! The kids learned so much!
Another cool rainbow!
This last photo is not mine, but some guy in the city who posted this on facebook. It was hard to capture with my phone so his is better. ;)
 
Got the kids some cool lanterns because we don't have enough crap in the house.

June's been into archery and got a kit for her birthday.

 
Cotton Candy clouds.
 
Hazel, always picking my wildflowers.
 
Our friend, who does the swimming lessons, let us come over and just play in her pool!
 
Late night movies with neighbors in their cool backyard.
 
Sleep overs with cousins!
 
Another lake day with friends!
When Buck says "There are weird shadows you wont like" turns out he's right haha
 
Dad life.
 
My in laws have a neighbor who has falcons! He let us come hold it and learn about them! So cool! We only brought June and Hazel so we need to go back again with Rose and Johnny.
 
Game night! We never document these but got two this month I guess. Not everyone was back yet though.
 
Went to see a youth play- this time Newsies! So fun! HCT does it again! And Winta got to go to her first one!
 
Rose took a princess dance class this summer and she loved it so much and was so sad on the last day.
 
June was spoiled and for her birthday her Nana and Pops took her to dinner and shopping and then her uncle and aunt took her to Park City for the alpine coaster, dinner, and shopping. 
 
 
 Usually we do more for Utah's holiday, Pioneer day, but this year we just watched some fireworks at our in law's neighborhood. We stayed far back from them.
 

An evening family walk turned into an evening family dip. And a very messy dog.

 
I title this one: Excavator in the sunset. 


Wow. That was a lot! To end, a beautiful summer sun set. View from our home! We're so lucky to live here!






1 comment:

4boyzmdmom said...

Somehow I got behind reading your blog and hadn't read anything since the post about Haben's wedding! So I just spent the last hour+ getting caught up and I don't have time to comment on anything but I enjoyed reading about your fun summer trips and activities! Sorry we didn't get to see you while we were in Utah...I think you were at Bear Lake.