Johnny turned 4 on the 4th so that meant that it was his golden birthday! I really debated it back and forth, worried that a gold party wouldn't be exciting for a 4 year old but then also really wanting to do golden birthdays for my kids.... But ultimately I decided to just go for it! And he was a happy, spoiled little boy and loved it. I also cheated and we went to my parents house and celebrated his birthday again while we were there and did a little shark themed party... so he got the best of both worlds.
He got to open his golden wrapped presents and have traditional coffee cake in the morning.
He is always trying to steal my slushie making cup so I got him his own and he was stoked! haha
For Johnny's party we had golden things like sunglasses, noise makers, hats, and golden bars with gold chocolate coins in them.
Golden cake! Made by, of course, Buck's amazing sister.
For our main activity, we panned for gold! Buck made a standing trough and we got pie tins and punched holes in them. We filled it with dirt and sand and then of course gold nuggets.
Johnny got a little discouraged at one point.
The next day we were in Boise! And we had that second little party. He got to spend his birthday swimming and then we did a shark cake and some more gifts!
All in all I daresay he had a great 4th birthday! And may he remember forever more that he properly celebrated his golden birthday. 💛😉


















































2 comments:
Happy Birthday Johnny! Your baby is 4! Most of my kids already had their golden birthday, and i didn't do anything special, ha! I'm so glad you captured Johnny's discouraged face. It sure is cute. And what a lucky duck to have back to back birthday parties!!
I'd never heard of "golden" birthdays until a few months ago. My golden bithday was a LOOONG time ago since I was born on the 5th. Maybe next year I can pretend it's my golden birthday since I'll be 55 on the 5th?? :)
All these fun parties look amazing!!
Post a Comment