Johnny had a great birthday! Despite his many interests, he'd been talking about a space and rocket ship party for a few months now. And then, of course, the night before he starts telling everyone he wants a truck party. haha But he was happy the next morning to see all his decorations!
A huge shout out to my neighbor and bestie, Giannina, who made this balloon arch for us! She's amazing!
We ended up spending the afternoon at
some gardens, Johnny's choice. But I decided to make that a separate
post and keep this one nice and space themed. ;)
I kept things simple. We played a fun and wild game of stomp rocket.
Had cake.
And then hit a pinata.
After everyone left we had homemade pizzas and a movie night. Johnny could hardly be bothered with sleep when there were so many new toys in his bedroom but finally that three year old boy gave in and had sweet dreams of a great day.

3 comments:
What a fun party!! I did a Star Wars themed party for Scott when he was a kid. I remember I painted styrofoam balls to look like the planets and we hung those and a bunch of aluminum foil stars from the ceiling in our living room, and we changed the light bulbs to blue and green bulbs. It looked super cool, but we were so busy recording the procedings that we forgot to take any photos! So I have no record of the decorations except for a brief glimpse during the party recording. So sad!
I always spent too much money on treat bags too...for the same reason...they looked so cute with all their little clever themed items!! This was long before we had Amazon (or maybe that was back in its "books only" beginnings) so it was so much work finding the themed items I wanted to get for decorations, treat bags, etc.
Love all those balloon decorations. And the simple cake was so fun. But your face at the end says it all. Fun party for kids but they’ll never get it until they’re a parent how crazy it is for parents. All worth it though.
So fun! I might have to borrow some of your ideas for Ellis' next party.
Post a Comment