Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Anniversary Celebrations

 It was another year celebrating our anniversary here in good old Utah. But I must say that I am proud of us for all the things we have found to do here in our state. We manage to have a lot of fun and find lots of new experiences without even leaving here! And this past weekend was no exception. (And this was all thanks to Buck's parents for watching the kids!) 

Also, this was the first year I haven't taken my real camera with me on our getaway. I don't know why, but I didn't. And yes, I came to regret that. haha So cell phone photos will have to do.

We left Friday evening and got to stop first at the temple and do a session there. (Soooo grateful to be able to go back after over a year of pandemic closures!)

 
Then we drove up to Salt Lake City and got food at a lobster place, which was great and made me want to move to Maine.

 
Then we checked into our Bed and Breakfast, Inn on the Hill. It was amazing! Such a lavish, old historic home. We really loved it and will go back again some day for sure.
 
Our room was so nice!
Hidden spot for a soda.
And the breakfast the next morning was top notch!

Sadly we had to check out and leave the lazy world. But thankfully we had a fun activity planned! We have a tradition for our anniversaries to do something new together. For this year's activity we ended up going zip-lining. We went in Provo Canyon. They take you up the mountain and then there are five different courses of zip lines that you go down and eventually make your way back down the canyon. It was super fun! Not scary at all. We really enjoyed this.

 
After all that fun we went to a fun restaurant that has hundreds of games so we got to eat good food and then hang out and play games. I won both times we played Pirates of the Caribbean battle Yahtzee, just in case you were wondering. ;)
 
We didn't have anything else specific planned the rest of the day, other than where we were staying that night. So we wandered the main street and went to a wild antique store. Somehow we always end up in antique stores together. haha
😲

Then we were driving around and saw all these umbrellas at the Riverwoods shopping mall so we stopped there and were happy to find that there was actually a "Chalk the Block" festival going on! What luck! So we did a little shopping and then looked at all of the AMAZING art. Truly mind blowing how talented people are!

 
Buck voted for this Wanda Vision one.
 
And of course I had to vote for this one. ;)
 
And somehow, after all of that, we still had time to go to a movie. It's insane how much you can do without kids. haha We went to Heber, a small town on the other side of the mountains, because that's where we were staying the night. There are only two small theaters there and we were lucky to make the ONE showing they had that day of the movie Buck wanted to see. And it was old school, like movie theater chairs that don't recline or anything. ;) It was fun! (apparently I had a lot to say about seeing a movie.)

Lastly, we grabbed some dinner at a super cool place called "Global Grill" there in town. They have dishes from all over the world- such a great idea! And the food was legit too! Anyone in Heber needs to stop by there! 

Then we checked into our second Bed and Breakfast, another old historic mansion. It was also so charming and wonderful. The owners have taken such care in restoring the home and so much attention to detail! We loved it! (we got in late so these are photos from the next morning)

 
And their breakfast was also top notch! We were truly spoiled by both inns that we stayed at. More people should check out Bed and Breakfasts- they are usually cheaper than a nice hotel but you get even more for your money.

So yeah! It was a great weekend. We ended up doing more than we thought we would, haha, but it was perfect. I'm grateful for Buck's parents and their help. I'm grateful for a great state to adventure in, and above all, grateful for a good marriage and a best friend whom I always love spending time with.


2 comments:

Adrian said...

Wow, you really packed in the fun activities! That looks like an awesome weekend away! I have to admit that I am a little disappointed in your game choice though. They have every game ever and you chose Yahtzee? Ha ha! I do approve of the root beer choice though ;)

4boyzmdmom said...

You always find the coolest places to visit and things to do! You need to come stay with me sometime and help me find places like that near me. :)

Those B&Bs looks so amazing. We have only stayed at a B&B once and unfortunately it was awful so I don't know if I will ever convince Frank to try it again. Hopefully someday...