May was kind of a doozy; just a lot of things going on all of the time it seemed like. But I guess once your kids are in school that starts to happen.
So. To start- Hazel has been having fun with her kiwi crates and this rainbow optic box was probably the favorite one.
I had THREE events for my non profit, within two weeks. They were with low income seniors and it was a really great time and got me all hyper and excited for the future.
I also had a couple choir things, including the big, main concert. Which meant I had to wear the mermaid disco ball shirt again.
June and I are also now in a musical play and have been going to practices for that together. Here are some funny shots of me trying on some of the costumes I'll be wearing.
Buck's grandpa got remarried, which seemed to be the biggest event at the senior center. Hazel also got to be a ring bearer. ;)
My cats don't have a hard life.
Monthly temple date!
Several fun girls' nights out. I love where I live and my amazing neighbors!
karaoke
In an effort to be the "cool mom" I took the girls and friend to get spontaneous slushies
And then Buck got to be the "cool dad" when he took them to a play. They went to see "Into the Woods" (a kids version) and I told him to take photos and this was all he got!
I took a couple shopping dates with the girls.
In an effort to more frequently bathe my children I tried a communal bath but....
(Older girls always wear swimming suit bottoms. Just in case anyone was worried or something? I don't know, just felt to mention that....haha)
But I think we (I) prefer single baths in the end. Much more peaceful.
We did some arts and crafts-
Even in church. haha
I just never know what I'm going to see when I come out of my bedroom in the mornings.
Pantry hangs
Bringing muddy children into the house:
She loves the hammock the most.
Every morning I can't wait to open our blinds and let this beautiful sunlight in!!!!!
I have been finding all these super coll books at the library about powerful women and the girls have been loving them too. (the weather and art books shown here are ours form usborn.) But anyway, the other day I over heard Hazel playing pretend that she was Jane Goodall and my heart was so happy.
This spring has been the MOST rainy one of all times! We get rain or thunder storms EVERY DAY. For MONTHS now! But some of the thunder storms have been fun to watch.
May is also Mother's day!
This paper I found in June's backpack and was actually unrelated to Mother's day so it made it that much sweeter that she thought of me.
The night before mother's day my sister and her family were in town so the men made us a fancy dinner and the kids decorated the table....
Breakfast, cards, and gifts the next morning.
And of course a bubble bath
And my sweet, thoughtful neighbor had the kids make this for me and the other kids do the same for the other mom's around here! She's amazing! (sorry it's sideways.)
And the girls all wore dresses that my sister has made to church. Isn't she amazing?!
Desperate times when you need the baby to be happy and play for a few minutes.
By the fourth kid, I truly LOVE nursing (I did not feel so sentimental back with baby #1) And I feel all the tender feelings as these days are getting closer to ending.
Forever our baby. ;)
I was putting off figuring out some plane tickets but then thinking about it and thought "okay, I'm just going to eat a chocolate and then sit down and text my friends about it" and then I opened the chocolate to find this message in the wrapper! haha! (more details to come but tickets to the Philippines for a trip for my non profit! Eek!)
She's so cuddly and I love it!
The few moments we had to get out when it wasn't raining or windy, we went for our walks and usually ended up at the lake.
Sometimes we'd bring some friends. ;)
And sometimes we still went even if it looked like a bad idea.
We went bowling with Buck's family on Memorial day!
A typical scene
Sometimes you have to get creative finding spots to nurse a wiggly baby. I had to get through these tough, thick, poking needle branches but once I was underneath I was in a tree teepee! haha
Some other cool neighbors had an awesome last day of school party at their house! They had this foam machine and the kids were in heaven!
Our sister in law graduated with a master's of legal studies!
We went to dinner that night to celebrate.
And then took a few fun photos.
Lastly, here's a family photo from spring break, but I thought it was funny to zoom into it. ;)
Good times.
Well, that's all for this post! And onto summer we happily go!






2 comments:
So many exciting things! I love your family pool photos! Johnny is getting so big. Your notes from your girls are too sweet! I think May is my favorite month but I'm also pretty sure we had better weather than you. PS... i always like seeing your photo wall in the background but I want to see it up close sometime. (Aysinkin...the wall between your sliding glass door and sun room)
Fun and busy such is life! I love that you take time to document it! Your neighborhood reminds me of ours when we first moved in we had ladies nights out and book club and dinner groups for couples. Now we're all too busy, it's a shame. I hope it continues to be a great blessing to you and your family!
Post a Comment