Last week on Sunday we woke up, packed up, and got up and left for our anniversary getaway (celebrating 7 years!)....
with all three girls in tow. We didn't have anyone or anywhere for them to stay so
they came with us. We went to Bear Lake and stayed in a "glamping"
resort. (Glamorous camping.) The drive there was a few hours but it went
okay. The place was awesome though. The tall canvas tent was great!
There was a king bed and two twins with fluffy, clean white sheets. A
trendy chair and some pillows and a vintage dresser and trunk. The girls
got to work right away moving in to the tent. We had our own little
camp fire and table space too. Down the path there was a huge place with
fancy showers/bathrooms and a game tent. There is also a playground and
some open tents with hammocks, couches, and tables to hang out with.
They take you to your tent with your stuff on a golf cart. They come
start your fire for you. They bring you extra wood whenever you need it.
And there is an on site restaurant that was super nice. I'll admit, it
was pretty great and I may never go normal camping again. ;) There are
even more expensive fancy tents that have their own bathrooms! And
covered wagons with beds too.
We went and had dinner at
the restaurant and then played on the playground and hammocks for a while.
After all of that excitement, Rose went to sleep. The rest of us stayed outside the tent and played games, had our fire started and we roasted marshmallows. We told stories
and once the sky grew completely dark we looked at the stars and
searched for planets. Eventually the girls were about to fall asleep
sitting there so it was easy to get them to bed. (It also didn't hurt
that their beds were more comfortable than their beds at home.)


And
then Buck and I sat back in the camping chairs, stared at the fire
crackling, and we sighed. We both had had a hard time shaking off the
tension we felt with having our girls with us. Originally, when we booked
the tent, it was just suppose to be us and maybe Rose. It was hard to
get out of that mentality of "couple time" to "family trip." I mean, I went
back and forth. Some moments I could get myself into the family mode,
like around the camp fire telling stories. But I just kept thinking how
great it would have been if they weren't there. Haha! I love them! But I
also love Buck and we REALLY needed that time together and we didn't get
it. I'm trying not to complain or whine too much. It was still a good
trip and I'm blessed to have three girls stuck to me, but yeah. We've
been so drained lately and a recharge together would have been great. I
feel like I am not as connected to Buck lately. Or anyone for that
matter. I'm just so tired a lot of the time.
But we stayed up and talked about some of our favorite memories together, which, a lot of those happen to be our getaways that we have successfully taken alone. But you know the worst part? On those alone trips we always missed the girls. You just can't win! HA
But we stayed up and talked about some of our favorite memories together, which, a lot of those happen to be our getaways that we have successfully taken alone. But you know the worst part? On those alone trips we always missed the girls. You just can't win! HA
We all slept well
that night and the girls even slept until 7:30, which felt like a win
since it was light before that. We woke up slowly, ate some peaches, and
then made our way to the restaurant again to eat breakfast, which was
super good again.
Then we packed up and went to the playground to watch
the big event of the solar eclipse. We weren't in the "path of totality"
so we knew we weren't going to see the whole black out thing but it got
pretty close and we had special glasses to view it with. It was
still super cool. But we totally regretted not going to the path or totality. Next time! ;)


After
the eclipse we stopped by Bear Lake and waded in for a while and played.
And then we went on our merry way back home-
Through stunning mountains,
magnificent canyons,
and .... right into solar eclipse traffic.😂
Even though we wished we were alone, it was still a great weekend and a wonderful way to celebrate, all together, the day that we started this family. And what better way to do that than be with the whole family, right? ;)













































3 comments:
Do you ever go normal camping anyway? That looks so unique and fun and I bet it would have been better without kids...haha! I can seriously relate to the kids vs no kids...Max and I were just trying to remember the last date we had :( Our favorite babysitter moved:(
Looks like a tough life!
Now THAT looks like my kind of camping!!
Post a Comment