I thrive off of new experiences. I love learning new things and seeing how other people live or what their passions are and why. It's why I want to travel so much- to connect with all the humans! But traveling is expensive and time consuming so when I can't do that- I go llama shearing.
Wait. Okay. Let's back up.
On day Buck had a morning at home before he had to leave on a flight for work travel. I asked him nonchalantly if he would go on a little adventure with us before he left and he agreed without much thought. But he should know by now that I find random things to do and when I say "adventure" and wont tell him what it is that he should be a little more hesitant and concerned...
So we all got in the car and I drove (so that he couldn't turn around when he found out what we were doing. 😉 ) And when I finally told him that we were going to shear llamas at the Hari Krishina temple his reaction was priceless and worth the suspense.
"Wait. We're doing WHAT?!"
"Shear llamas. They need some help."
"Am I going to miss my flight? I'm going to get fired because I was shearing llamas!"
But once we got there and got our orders, Buck relaxed, got in the moment, and enjoyed the experience. We only felt bad that we didn't have more time to help- shearing with scissors takes a long time! Oh and it was just us, by the way. It wasn't some llama shearing festival. I had found out that help was needed, contacted the woman in charge, and set up a time to come in.
Jagger, the llama
Not nearly as amused as I was
The girls got to pet and help brush and even feed the llamas.
There's also a lot of birds there...
Staring contest
The girls didn't remember being at the temple before so we went up to see it before leaving
And the spiritual leader was there and had the girls come over and help him playing a song while he sang. It was a real treat! I love that they can experience different cultures and learn about different religions without having to travel around the world.
I left feeling pretty proud of myself for providing my family with such a random morning.

























1 comment:
This is just so great!!!!!
Post a Comment