One of June's gifts she got for her birthday were some caterpillars that she got to watch grow, form chrysalis, and then emerge as butterflies. She gave each of them names: Goof Ball, Shouty, Hurtwing, Shiny, and Pot. When I told her that we were going to let them free up in the mountains, she was a little sad and hesitant at first but after we talked about it she was okay with giving them a better home.
She gingerly scooped each butterfly out,
held out her hand,
and then exclaimed, "Be free!" as they flew away.
We also had some friends with us and so after that the kids got busy exploring.
A trail of cheese crackers to lure in animals and insects. 😒
Perfect photo of the kids that my friend Adrian took. haha
This photo sums up my current life pretty nicely.
Toes in the river!
And then we headed home with a new found caterpillar.





















2 comments:
I have wanted to get that caterpillar kit for my kids, but then Charlie did that in preschool and Miles got to check on them when we picked up/dropped off Charlie! I love your mountain photos!! And holy cow!! Rose is just so cute!!
What a fun place to go release the 🦋. And I love the picture of Rose with the flower.
Post a Comment