Tuesday was the 4th of July! It was a HOT day. Isn't that
wonderful though? As miserable as the heat can be, it is so much
better than being to cold! We took lazy morning and
then headed to a colonial festival. I wasn't sure what it would be
like but it was free and patriotic so we went to it and we were
pleasantly surprised. There were tons of different tents that had all
sorts of period appropriate activities and events.
There were bread baking and cooking stations, laundry, furs, a
print shop, a lawyer and attorney, soldiers, wood chopping, canons,
fife and drums, candle making, wood carving, rug weaving, lace
making, rag dolls, and... I don't know, there were so many things!
And there was so much attention to detail and everything felt
authentic. The girls' favorite parts were watching them print the
Declaration of Independence, cleaning a rag on a wash board, making
their own candles, and eating a plate full of watermelon and ice
cream. It was very hot, so we were all pretty tired afterwards. But
I'm really glad we went.
They looked thrilled, no?
A few people asked if I was working at the festival. I joked that, nope, I was working at the Scandinavian festival.... and they believed me.
The "marriage broom"























1 comment:
Erin Pew Stewart
You people and your epic festivals! Good grief! And I like all of Rose's outfit changes. ;-)
Jade Lowe
We are coming next year! Assuming Annika isn't asleep again haha
Alyse Johnson Packer
We were there too! But Abe apprehended a highway man and had to do some time in the stocks...
Michelle Olsen
That sounds and looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment