Monday, October 10, 2016

Spooky Family Night

The other week for family night we did some spooky Halloween crafts. Seriously, I don't know what's come over me and all this crafting. It's my kids' fault really. I want to craft, I'm excited for the first snow fall- weird things like that- all because they are so excited about it and love it so much. I guess it's true what everyone says about living through your child's eyes.

So ANYWAY, I prepared and even budgeted for this craft. First we made bats out of toilet paper rolls and then ghosts with cheese cloth and fabric stiffener. My favorite part was letting go of my adult ideas and letting their imaginations do whatever they wanted. I even let Hazel cut her own bat wings and ears and glue them on. ;)  June wanted all the eye balls for creepy effect so I had to limit that a bit so we didn't run out of googly eyes. ;)
 Hazel loved her ghost.

And June... went for the gory side of Halloween and made her ghost streaked with blood...

My Bat. (Buck was bust blow drying the ghosts while we made bats)
June's bat
Hazel's bat.

Hanging up and spooky! 

4 comments:

Max and Rebecca said...

HAHA! This is perfect! I've had a bunch of toilet paper tubes and googly eyes I've been setting aside so I think we will just have to copy you guys! I LOVE June's bloody ghost! She's so funny!

Adrian said...

You are getting so crafty these days. This looks fun.

Lillybet said...

Love the individuality. What a fun activity. I think we did cheesecloth ghosts once. they are fun to do.

4boyzmdmom said...

That's great that you let them do their own thing. That was always hard for me to do! I like your table runner and centerpiece too.