Friday, October 21, 2016

Savage Pig Adventure (and pumpkins)

In ultimate fall tradition, we went to a pumpkin patch. It's the same place we went last year. But when we got there there was not a soul in sight... just a lot of pumpkins sprinkled around a field, some free roaming roosters, a closed up canvas tent and, the strangest part, two pens with goats, alpacas, and pigs in them. Just there, out in the open. But no humans to see. 

So we wandered for a minute and then went down the road to another field behind a wall of tall trees. I found a man there chopping wood with a machine. I asked him if he knew where the pumpkin people were. “They're not there...? Hmmm, that's strange. Well just have a good time! I'm the owner. You can leave some money under a pumpkin if you buy some. Go pet the animals! Oh.... did you want to go on the cow train...? I've got to deliver some mulch here so....” “No, no, that's fine.... I've only got a $20 though... but... um, never mind. Thank you!” And we went back down the street. Because it was a weird moment.

We got there as Adrain and kids arrived to meet up with us. It was kind of awesome that nobody was there though. So we went into the petting area and and fed the goats. But horror struck when Hazel walked into the pig pen. One of the little savages bolted up to her and bite her thigh! About 20 seconds later another one tried to eat Elora's finger and she got a decent bite as well! So the girls were understandably upset. We took them back to the other side and shut the pigs in their spot. They all calmed down again and enjoyed the goats.

But then the gate got loose and in came a trotting little pig and Hazel lost it.
  She freaked out and leaped into my arms, fearful tears coming down. Elora also started to cry. And at the same time a large white, long haired goat leaped over the gate and into our space and June lost it too. As Buck later observed, “Imagine a six foot goat jumping over a fence at you.” haha Yes, yes, I image the whole thing was more horrific than any horror film for these girls.
So we left that and perused the pumpkin patch. The girls instantly became attached to some odd little pumpkins and June was heart broken at the thought of parting with it. So... it was only going to be like $5 and I still only had that $20 so- I left an I.O.U with my name and number and we took the silly things with us.
Random day. 

  That evening Buck and I were able to go to the temple, thanks to Jade and Curtis watching the girls. On the way home we stopped to pay back the $5 at the pumpkin patch and ended up buying some more odd shaped grey and white pumpkins and spent the whole $20 after all! Haha WHATEVER


3 comments:

Adrian said...

Ha ha! I knew you would get one of those! Should have just left that $20 ;)

4boyzmdmom said...

That is so weird that no one was there! I would have been scared of pigs biting me and goats jumping at me too!

Max and Rebecca said...

Hahaha!I would be scared of the crazy goats and pigs too!