The leaves are already changing on the mountains and the cool evening air whispers of the end. But August was a good month to us, it was warm, it was sunny, and the weather was uneventful aside from that. Here's a look back on our random shenanigans:
Sometimes we're so spontaneous that we go out to eat at Denny's.
And then have a movie night back at home!
An exciting opportunity happened for me. I got to photograph some head shots of one of my biggest idols and heroes! Truly! I can't believe I got to meet this man- he started a non profit that goes around the world busting sex traffickers and saving children from that life of horrible slavery. Click HERE to learn more about them!
We made a couple trips to the duck pond this month, this time was in the evening since Buck wasn't home. But the girls and I had a great time and Hazel loves to scare the ducks, haha.
I really wanted this card game since I was obsessed with the computer one back in the 1990's when I was a child. And Buck totally surprised me with it one day! It's been funny to play.
June is getting better at mimicking animals.
Park day!
Lots of evenings watching the girls burn off energy in this:
Oh hey, look! More photos of cuddle time with my favorite cat!
Our neighbor has been spoiling us with fresh goods from his garden!
Even better than cuddles with my cat are cuddles with my girls. And more family movie nights.
We had fun visiting some Parade of Homes!
Dress ups at Nana and Pops.
Some more flower art from June
Playing with pink sand. (and then dumping it everywhere, at which point, my hormonal pregnant self cried.)
At my dentist check up and cleaning they put a show on for the girls but Hazel was much more interested in my cleaning! It was the CUTEST thing ever, she just kept getting closer and closer to see more.
We found a cool park to play at. Except it's truly HUGE and a maze and it freaked me out how fast I lost sight of the girls and couldn't find them again!
We went to visit Buck's grandparents at their new assisted living home and surprise! There was a luau going on that night and some other cousins were there as well.
Eating waffles on a pewter plate makes me feel like a happy lumberjack!
Buck broke off a piece of this chocolate and set it down without realizing he gave the man chocolate feet.
Last summer day with these friends, swimming in their backyard!
The last days of summer. They spent the day swimming in a friend's backyard and then June and Rio sat on their towels on the trampoline, eating their otter pops, laughing and talking. What happened to my baby who needed me to constantly entertain her? How gently yet quickly childhood evolves and whispers by, only caught briefly in low hung tangled leaves.
This has been the longest and most consistent that I've ever worked out on my own in my life. And I've been having these health shakes. I think it's really helped this pregnancy though!
And... another cuddle photo!
And then it was our last day of "summer break" before school started. I asked the girls what they wanted. June wanted ice cream, Hazel wanted the duck pond, and they both wanted to wear princess dresses. So that is what we did.
And since school had started a week before for all the other grades, there was hardly a soul there but us. It was quiet and the girls were so content to imagine and play with sticks. And I was gifted some time to sit on the grass and think in the stillness.
Surprise card from cousin Ginny!
One night I went to the mountains for a church activity dinner for the women and I didn't take any photos, but Buck did take a few of the kite flying he and the girls did while I was away. Made my heart happy.
Another photo from Buck's phone. He swears I was there for this, and I have no memory of it.
Last one from Buck's phone and a favorite photo: sister cuddle time.
For the first time ever, we didn't plant our garden this summer. But the raspberry bush from last year prevailed!
A birthday party at the Little Gym! The girls had a blast!
Also, no photo but Buck and I were able to sneak away this night to see Star Trek at the theater. I've been loving all the dates!
And then Buck had to go far away to New Jersey for work. :( Meanwhile we went to HIS family reunion, which involved lots of fun for the girls.
I love seeing June cuddle Abe. Lots of cuddling at our house huh?
Eating dinner without Buck is lonesome. I don't love work trips...
So to avoid the lonely evenings while he was away, I took the girls to the curiosity museum and it was great because hardly anyone was there.
Then the last night we were alone we decided to go to the water park since it was still warm enough and once again we struck gold and hardly anyone was there!
Princess snow cones. Gosh their life is hard
It was such a great way to end the summer that the day poor tired Buck got home from traveling, we made him go back for round two with us. ;) Once again it wasn't crowded and it was August 31st and thus ends summer, right where it should.
(My shadow doesn't make me look very shapely...)
There Buck, no "embarrassing" photos. ;)
Good Bye summer. *sniff* SOB







3 comments:
Haha! That embarrassment free photo is the best! That wood park or "the popsicle park" as Aaron has always called it, is so cool, but I hate the visibility as well. I feel like you can't just sit and visit, you have to follow them around closely.
I don't know where to start, but I love your August, it sounds like the perfect mix of outings and cuddles at home! And I just realized that it's been 2 YEARS since we've gone to Utah which seems like the longest absence ever since we lived there.
Our August was super hot and humid and miserable, but I still don't want summer to end!
Post a Comment