Today was June's first day of school- she is now a big kindergartner!
Last week we spend a day that was themed around getting ready for the big day.
First was a hair cut:
And the clothes shopping:
(three stores in one afternoon with my two girls...? It was tiring but we made it!
Then that same day was the open house at school so we got to go meet the teacher and finally find out what schedule we were on for half day:
Then I felt this need to have some "back to school dinner" but I didn't want to make it too crazy or complicated, so I used what I had at home. I was proud of my apple napkin and pencil spoon. ;) We had mac and cheese and hot dogs but I think in the future we will make it a tradition of a waffle dinner.
After dinner we spent time talking with June about body safety and strangers. Then Buck gave her a blessing. Hazel got one too. It was a good day of getting ready that we all needed.
And today was the big send off! I cried enough when June's birthday hit the other month so I was good to go today. haha. Plus she was SO exicted, and honestly, I'm excited for her too. It's weird to say good bye to a chapter in my life that was so huge, my first baby girl, those years alone with her, simple days. But this is part of why I wanted a family was to help my kids grow and this step marks a huge beginning of that growth.
June picked out her outfit last night, the girls had a bath and got their nails painted. She got her backpack all ready. She was ready.
And she had a great day! I had her make a journal entry with me about it (we started her journal almost exactly a year ago! We don't do this every day but just randomly when the mood strikes us.)
Anyway, it's hard- my hand writing already suffers but then trying to keep up with what she says in the process makes it even harder to read! haha So I'll also type it out for your sake. ;)
I made my own hat and it looks like Miso. And I read a book there and we found "Pete the Cat" and he's on our hat but I made him look like Miso.It was too hot on the slide so I went on my belly and went super fast! And I went in outer space and then I was back on the slide ad there were wood chips there. And I was like, "What?!"
And I made one friend and her name was Kayden. And I saw Lilly from church! But she's in a different class.
Miss Heather is my teacher.
No handsome boys, but the boys are crazy!
And then I ate chocolate "gooding" [pudding]
I have too many favorite parts! I like and love school!
Pete the Cat turned into Miso, our cat.
And so we're off to a good start. I have a lot of feelings about being back in the school system, when it's so very exciting to escape it when you graduate yourself. You don't think about how you may be back in again, for YEARS with your own kids. But here I am. But I'm excited too. Hard but good years spread before us. And for this first year also June is signed up for a acting/dancing/singing class and they put on the play Beauty and the Beast at the end, and Hazel is signed up for a tumbling class. Both girls will start swimming lessons again too. So we will be busy! Here's to a new chapter.





4 comments:
So fabulous! You think of everything! Her journal entry is so wonderful. I'm happy she went to outer space 😊 So easy for kids to have the time of their lives!
So fun! I love that journal idea! She sounds so happy and excited to be in school.
IS it weird that I may have felt a little emotional about this? I really have enjoyed that my kids are growing up but we will be sending Charlie off to his preschool in a couple weeks and that's really the first time he's been consistently away. And now our schedules and vacations and doctors appointments will start to revolve around that...it is weird! Also, I love "No handsome boys, but the boys are crazy!"
I love June's first day of school outfit...so cute!! It actually reminds me of the kind of things I wore when I was a little girl--mostly the colors. It's so great that you recorded her thoughts about the day in her own words.
Post a Comment